Author Topic: 4" Lift help  (Read 983 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
4" Lift help
« on: 05/18/06 - 11:25PM »
I just had my 05 Rubicon lifted with a 4 inch rough county lift out at Johns, and sporting 34in SSR's.  A transfer case drop kit (bummer) was installed to eliminate vibration.

What do I need to do so that I can get rid of the drop kit? Or can I with this lift?

Also, during gear shift while accelerating .. when I press in the clutch the jeep pulls to the right just a bit... what causes this?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: 4" Lift help
« Reply #1 on: 05/19/06 - 08:41AM »
You will need a slip yoke eliminator kit with a CV type drive shaft.
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 05/19/06 - 12:25PM »
Thanks Guru.. btw your signature is hilarious. :brows:

I already have the Slip Yoke and CV type driveshaft which came stock on the Rubicon... I guess I just need to have a longer driveshaft made and I'll be able to return the transfer case to it's orginal position? How would I know how long the driveshaft needs to be?
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 05/20/06 - 01:17AM »
The man you can call on for Rubicon modifications is Jeff Mayfield (Track3).  He has built a couple of killer Rubicons in the past 3 years and knows everything about them.

Thanks

PS: My sig is one of my most admired quotes.  Andy Rooney is the one who I give credit for that quote...
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE