Author Topic: yj lift what is a good one  (Read 796 times)

Offline zuki

• Level 2
yj lift what is a good one
« on: 04/15/07 - 12:49AM »
Looks like my leafs are a little week so why not put a suspension lift on it any ideas on a good one i want around 2 to 3 inches i have a 2 inch body now and run 31s i don't want any bigger tires just more clearance in the fenders looking to spend less then $500 and still be able to drive it every day with no problems any sugestions would be appreciative
94 YJ <br />03 Chevy ext 4x4 <br />88.5 samurai <br />82 chevy short bed 2wd <br />()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: yj lift what is a good one
« Reply #1 on: 04/15/07 - 01:23AM »
It's hard to beat Rough Countrys for the price.  They give about 2-2 1/2 inches for the 4" kit & are plenty flexy for wheeling.  I have the 4" BDS, and got almost over 5" of lift from it.  However, it's VERY rough for the first several thousand miles of driving/wheeling, but gives great stability without track/sway bars on the road, and is very tough.  Get hold of toyotaguy (Aaron) when he gets back on Sunday, and see what he recommends, or oldyj (Roger).

Farmboy (Dave) put on a RC lift and was running right out of the box, but i've had my BDS for almost a year & a half, and it's just now breaking in & flexing/drooping like it should.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"