Author Topic: new jeep owner... what a deal  (Read 1336 times)

Offline jdub2k5

• Level 1
new jeep owner... what a deal
« on: 10/23/09 - 02:34AM »

new owner here

I got a steal at 8250 out the door

4.0l high output 5 speed

intake,PO told me a total of 6 inch procomp lift, sound bar, flowmaster exhaust, sony xplod system 35inchx12 inch tire, bushwacker flares

I need a place to just take it in some mud, anyone got any ideas?

also can anyone tell me for sure what the height of the lift is... the body lift looks to be a 2.5-3 inch

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: new jeep owner... what a deal
« Reply #1 on: 10/23/09 - 12:05PM »
Welcome to the hobby of being broke.

Measuring the body lift is simply a matter of measuring the height of the plastic pucks on each body mount.  They usually come in 1" increment (1", 2", 3"). 

As for playing in some mud come on the Chadwick night run, there will be plenty.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 10/23/09 - 12:38PM »
Seriously the being broke part is true - After last night I just want to haul my jeep to the scrap pile, and I haven't even got to go wheel it yet!!! :pist:
EMAW

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 10/23/09 - 12:48PM »
You can go to SMORR in Seymour, MO

http://smorr.net/

They have an actual obstacle course, mud pit, and RTI ramp you could play on, plus a 1000 acres of trails Also, if you get stuck or have problems, there is someone there to help. You'll have to check them out, and check out the rates page to see what it costs. There is also heated bath and shower houses, a deli, and electric campsites.

Chadwick is free, but if you go to Chadwick, go with someone... otherwise no one will be there to help you should you get stuck or have problems.. and it's a long, long walk to get help.

You'd have fun on the Halloween run and if you never been out, would be a great run to pop your cherry on.

Welcome to the site and jeep ownership... you'll never be the same.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline jdub2k5

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 10/23/09 - 04:06PM »
do yall think its lifted enough?

I mean I want to offroad but be practical

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 10/23/09 - 04:17PM »
As long as bumpstops are in place, I see no reason why you'd need more lift.  Bring it to one of the club functions (meeting, trail run, etc) and we'll be happy to look it over with you.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato