Author Topic: Christmas Parade Jeep Run  (Read 7209 times)

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
Christmas Parade Jeep Run
« on: 10/ 7/05 - 05:24PM »
Checked into club run in local Christmas parades.  I see this as an opportunity for many people to get exposed to what are club is about.  Springfield parade is on 2nd Saturday of December at night.  Down side is it's $150 regestration and kind of a limit on amount of vehicles and wants you to decorate with lights.  Nixa's parade is December 4th on a sunday at 2:00, line up starts about 12:00.  This parade is free registration and no limit to participants, and it day time for those who prefer topless.  I guess the question is, would anybody be interested in showing of what we all love (our JEEP'S) and make a showing to the community.  If anything you get to throw candy at people.

Offline Lilgrnjeep

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: Christmas Parade
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 7/05 - 08:36PM »
I like the idea.  Can you also check with Ozark to see what the details are on it.

Brenda
Jeep; Pronunciation jep,
(From (G)eneral(P)urpose Vehicle)
Definition: A small sturdy military automobile with four-wheeldrive, which is directly connected to your wallet.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #2 on: 10/ 7/05 - 09:32PM »
What was the limit of vehicles for Springfield?  If we could get at least 10 Jeepers to pitch in $15, that would cover it.  Or if they let us have 15 Jeeps, then only $10 each.

That may be an option.  It'd still be pretty cool at night.  Then stripe could show off his rock lights.

Keith

PS, do you know what the $150 goes to?  Charity or what?
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline mixer

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 7/05 - 11:09PM »
im up for any of the parades....nixa would be good...no cost and daytime....(topless) :driving:
"GO TOPLESS"

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 8/05 - 12:36AM »
I can check with Ozark, I know it's a night parade.  I guess we need input on day or night, if you would be able to decorate with lights and willing to pay.

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
Re: Christmas Parade Jeep Run
« Reply #5 on: 10/16/05 - 07:02PM »
Give an idea of how many would be interested and prefer day or night run.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 10/19/05 - 03:29PM »
I think it might be cool with a LOT of jeeps but with a small group it would look odd.  Just my input.  

I also wouldn't be willing to pay to drive in a parade but that's just me.  

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 11/13/05 - 11:58AM »
Hey, you know I was wanting to do this a couple of years ago...BUT NO....lol no one wanted to....sounded stupid to most....but ya know I WANNA DO IT.....I still think it's a good thing....we've almost got the 93 running....so we'll just take the stock 96 cherokee on the parade....since we are in Nixa.....we've gotten all the fliers on it and it's going to be bigger and better this year...I can't wait...it'll be a blast......so come on guys....lets go for it!!!! I've got lots of time on my hands....so let me know if I can be of any help....
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 11/13/05 - 03:20PM »
NEED TO GET REGISTATION FORM FOR NIXA PARADE, AND FIND OUT HOW NEEDS TO REGISTER THE CLUB.

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 11/14/05 - 10:08AM »
51st Annual Nixa Christmas Parade..starts at 2 pm December 4, 2005.
Theme is "Having an Excellent Christmas"

Parade route will change this year:

All entries will meet at the Nixa Community Center and line up along Taylor Way and North Street.
Then down North Street turning onto Missouri following to Mt Vernon (hwy14) going West on Mt Vernon turning North on Main Street going along Main Street to Short Street then East on Short Street to South on Frank Street and then East on Kyle Street and then Disbanning at the Nixa JR High School parking Lot.

All parade entries must be registered no later than November 30, 2005.
Prizes are awarded to the top 3 floats in the parade (don't have to do a float but it might be fun)  (We have a flat bed with rails that would come in handy)

To register or for more information, call 725-5486.
I can be reached at 207-6814 if needed or email me a browneyez_n_a_jeep@yahoo.com

If we do a float, would like to suggest using something that would simulate rocks...and use RC cars (we have a Liberty a Rubi Wrangler and a TJ Wrangler RC cars)  I know someone in the group has the big Rock Crawler from Wal Mart (ther one that has aired down tires and killer articulation LOL)  It's just a suggestion.  It wouldn't take much to make a neat float and original float.....Just a suggestion......something fun to do...hope this information helps! :boink:
Amy~

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #10 on: 11/14/05 - 10:24AM »
Yeah, I can invision a good float with kids unwrapping gifts that are RC Jeeps and at the end an adult getting the keys to a new Rubicon Unlimited.

That would be an EXCELLENT CHRISTMAS!

But, I know I don't have time to build a float...
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 11/14/05 - 10:42AM »
We have plenty of time on our hands at this time.......It's an idea and I think it would be hella fun to do it.  Benji and I were just talking about it....chicken wire and some paper mache.....and some spray paint makes hella cool rocks....we'll do the work on it if anyone can pitch in for the wire?  It's a 18' trailer I think....got room for a few kids to ride on it...
Amy~

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 11/14/05 - 04:35PM »
Think they would let me drive my Jeep in the parade>>> :agree:
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 11/14/05 - 05:12PM »
OK, we need to S**t or get off the pot on this...we need to get this going soon and I am willing to take care of the parade....I've got all the time in the world to work on this.  We need to know how many and who are going to be IN the parade...if you're not going to be in it....at least come and support us..and if you're there...we'll talk you into being in the parade lol....this is great and the float....if no one will help...Benji and I will work on it ourselves....i'm sure we can get some kids to ride on it...i've got 2 that will lol
Amy~

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 11/14/05 - 06:48PM »
I HAVE GOT OFF THE POT.  OZARKSJEEPTHING IS REGISTERED FOR THE NIXA PARADE ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 4TH AT 2:00.  LINE UP IS AT 12:30 AT NIXA COMMUNITY CENTER.  NOW WE NEED A GOOD HEAD COUNT ON HOW MANY WILL DRIVE.  I WOULD SAY IT OPEN TO ALL VEHICLES STREET LEGAL OR NOT (HELL YOU CAN DRIVE A TRACTOR, SURELY YOU CAN DRIVE A JEEP).  I'LL BE THERE TOPLESS SO MY KIDS CAN THROW CANNY.  LETS MAKE A GOOD SHOWING FOR THE COMMUNITY AND SHOW THEM WHAT OWNING A JEEP IS ALL ABOUT.