Author Topic: Official 2006 Fall 4xFest Post  (Read 12866 times)

Offline stripe

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Official 2006 Fall 4xFest Post
« on: 02/ 6/06 - 04:20PM »
This is the place to talk about the upcoming 2nd Fall 4xFest, which will be held on October 13-15 at the Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch in Seymour, MO.

Stayed tuned for updates on how to pre-register.
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.  Experience is what you get when you don't.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
Re: Official 2006 Fall 4xFest Post
« Reply #1 on: 05/30/06 - 04:15PM »
Does anyone have a link to the flyer.  Since the site went down, I can't find it.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 05/30/06 - 04:50PM »
try this

2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline jeepcj

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 05/31/06 - 03:39PM »
I was just noticing in JP Magazine under "Things to Do With Your Jeep" (July 2006 pg.16) they have the Fall 4xFest listed but with the old website address. Didn't know if  anyone could let them know about the new wesite address so peeps would be directed to the right site. :agree:
001 TJ
1986 Grand Wagoneer
1987 Grand Wagoneer
1988 Grand wagoneer
1987 Comanche-really rough!!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #4 on: 05/31/06 - 06:45PM »
Quote from: "jeepcj"
I was just noticing in JP Magazine under "Things to Do With Your Jeep" (July 2006 pg.16) they have the Fall 4xFest listed but with the old website address. Didn't know if  anyone could let them know about the new wesite address so peeps would be directed to the right site. :agree:

Jon and Olena got that submitted early to get it published, but then the site went down.  Probably can't get it reprinted in time for the event.

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 05/31/06 - 08:12PM »
Anyone that knows any vendors that would want to donate to our event please check with them to see if they will, we are still needing more prizes to give away. It is slowing down now and we need to start checking on the Local businesses for donations.  We are only 4 months away from the event and we want this one to be better then last years, so we need all of you to  help to make this a success.
I have pretty much sent out all the letters to vendors in all the magazines and have called and emailed my self out and we need more prizes. Vendors aren't as generous as they were last year. Still some really good prizes but not as plentiful. The winch and the Sirrus Radio and the Bushwacker Flares and OX Locker, Flowmaster exhaust are the big ones so far. And of course Springfield Lincoln Mercury Jeep and their generous donation of $750.00 is a huge help. We need more big stuff to draw the people in.
Ben Brown at the Tire Shop at Springfield Jeep has been out with back surgery so i haven't been able to get to him to talk to him about donations from them....Several drive line shops in town and other areas still need to be checked on, Drive line shop on Commercial Street needs to be contacted and Armourthang of the Ozarks is on my list of a contact too, along with Performance on Kearney street. I guess these are some vendors we got prizes from last year that we need to contact too for this year... They are on my list....So if anyone can contact these people i would appreciate it allot....

Please feel free to contact anyone for prize give aways that you know.
We have a TV spot on KY3, also on KTTS, so these will help our event tremendously.
If anyone needs any more flyers i am going to update them with the ozarksjeepthing.org web site on it and i will bring them to the meeting Thursday night.

So any help is most appreciated.

Mrs Moo
Olena White
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 6/06 - 09:17AM »
WHAT'S THE SCHEDULE, IS THERE WHEELING ON FRIDAY?

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 6/06 - 04:19PM »
Quote from: "HVACMASTER"
WHAT'S THE SCHEDULE, IS THERE WHEELING ON FRIDAY?

As of yet, it hasn't been decided if there will be any trail rides for Friday night.  We still have to hammer some things out with the park.  Most likely we'll just have the parking lot and camping areas open so we can get the late registrations done and everyone settled in.

Basic timeline is:

Friday night:
Late registrations and set up camp (buy raffle tickets)

Saturday:
8-9am late registration (buy raffle tickets)
8:30am line up for trails :redwrang:  :redwrang:  :redwrang:
9am leave for trails   :driving:
Midday break for lunch and 4x4 olympics(ball-barrel challenge...???)
(buy more raffle tickets)
After lunch head out for more trail rides
Appx 3pm MOROC Woods Race
5pm meet back at camp
6pm raffle drawing (tickets sold throughout the day, but you might as well get some more)
Live music to follow  :guitarist:  :drummer:  , concessions available. :eatem:

Sunday:
8:30am line up for trail rides
9am leave for trails
That's about it I think... See ya next year!   :vroam:

This is all subject to change and modification.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 09/12/06 - 12:10PM »
new web site
Big thanks goes out to ISO for his work on this

ANCH ROCKER
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 09/13/06 - 12:31PM »
Any Details on the Woods race would be appreciated. how does one sign for it, what is the reqirements, what is the cost???
Just a few details that i have been asked by a few local people that want to be in the Woods Race. All they know about it is that we are hosting the race.

Thanks
Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 09/13/06 - 07:17PM »
Sept 20th @ 8AM I will be on the Radio with Joyce Harriman of Stan the Man Foundation and Andy Taylor of KTTS. Andy has invited me to do a spot on his morning show with Joyce about Stan the Man Foundation and our Fall 4 X Fest event which is giving all proceeds to Stan the Man Foundation.  So all of you guys listen up to Shamoo on the radio with Andy Taylor on KTTS   94.7 FM on the radio dial

Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE

Offline G Reaper

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 09/13/06 - 09:25PM »
Man that is great. That is so kool. Just stay calm and try not to screw it up. HA HA HA.   Anyway great job.
AKE IT 2 THE LIMIT X 4  JeeP
2003 TJ
1995 CHEROKEE COUNTRY
1999 CHEROKEE SPORT

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #12 on: 09/13/06 - 09:47PM »
Jon,

Ask them for a copy of the interview for placement on the http://Fall4XFest.com site.

I'll try to record it if possible, but it would be better to get a direct copy from the studio.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: 09/17/06 - 04:33PM »
Derek did you get the  certificate for a set of tires from BF Goodrich?
Didn't know about that one, needed to put it on the list of Vendor prizes, to send out a thank you letter.
ANCH ROCKER
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE

Blueyellow

« Reply #14 on: 09/17/06 - 04:53PM »
Just to let everybody know we have a weekend getaway In Branson, Mo.
two Night stay at Classic Motor Inn, One Show, and a Gift cerficate to Shorty Smalls For Dinner. curtisity of Bradman and Blueyellow. we'll Have in finalized in the next few weeks But go ahead and put it on the list
Al

PS I should also with in the next week have a gift certificate to Accent Flooring...... I'll tell ya about that when I get the owner to nail down an amount and what he wants to do.
Al