Author Topic: roll call for night run after meet n greet  (Read 3909 times)

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
Re: roll call for night run after meet n greet
« Reply #15 on: 08/15/06 - 04:51PM »
Quote from: "tortuga"
Why don't you both argue on the club member only forum! :bsflag:

WHY BECAUSE THIS WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNED AS A NON OFFICIAL RUN SO NO ONE COULD SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND ANYONE COULD COME.  THAT'S WHAT TICKED MY OFF BEFORE ABOUT THE SEYMOUR NIGHT RUN IT WAS POSTED IN MEMBERS ONLY FORUM, I DON'T LIKE TO EXCLUDE PEOPLE FROM A GOOD TIME BECAUSE THEY HAVE PAID.  IN MY OPINION THAT'S HOW THE CLUB GROWS IS MAKE EVENTS OPEN TO ALL.

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #16 on: 08/15/06 - 05:57PM »
I see where hvac is coming from.  We are all avid 4 wheelers so why should we segregate ourselves to just jeeps.  Hell thats why alot of us don't come on the organized club functions because our friends with other than jeeps get questioned why they are there.  IE when  we brought the xtrerra to snowball and the holloween run comments were made across the cb for everyone to hear.  I kinda thought I was at a klan meeting.  

Hvac these are public lands so they have no right to say who or what wheels these areas.  The only way I see the club can actually put together a private run is to rent out private land or park and close it just to jeeps or somehting like a camp jeep.  

I think you all should just go wheel wherever you want.  I f it wasn't my anniversary I would be in Cassville camping for the whole weekend.  Hopefully the wife will give me a kitchen pass for Saturday to go and play though.  See ya on the trails if ya can find me.

2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline Jeepdog

• Level 1
« Reply #17 on: 08/15/06 - 06:38PM »
I would like to go on a night run, But seeing that I have never been on one it would be nice for someone to go some place that first timers could go. I don't see why we can't have two groups doing both types of run so everyone can get there fix. One thing to consider is that if someone does not take out the first timers and act like they want to help us learn then this group is not going to grow and neither will the sport. Thats why I joined.Mixers, and other made me feel welcome, and a trail run to chadwick after a meet and greet got me hooked!!!  :redwrang:

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #18 on: 08/15/06 - 06:43PM »
Quote from: "Jeepdog"
a trail run to chadwick after a meet and greet got me hooked!!!  :redwrang:

Just takes one time, don't it?  :brows:
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #19 on: 08/15/06 - 07:27PM »
loui I know what you mean about the cb comments and I agree. however we  have been here since day one of OJT and I can not remember one time we told some one they could not wheel with us. now I know there are a few folks here that would or possibly have said something before, but it was them ackting on there personal understandings.

this thread was not started to start a debate. I will Know by sat. at the meet and greet where we will be wheeling sat night. time and place will be anouced there. if you can not make it pm and I will send you my cell and you can call me. if not met the rough riders at big M
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #20 on: 08/15/06 - 07:37PM »
WE TAKE STOCK RUNS TO CASSVILLE, MY FIRST RUN WITH CLUB PEOPLE WAS AT CASSVILLE.  IT'S CHALLENGING ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE AND WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SPOT AND TEACH.  IF YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE THERE ARE BYPASSES.  CASSVILLE HAS MORE TECHNICAL WHEEL THAN JUST A DRIVE THAT COULD BE MADE IN 2WD 90% OF THE TIME.  I COULD CARE LESS IF THE RUN GOES TO CHADWICK, IT WAS ORIGINALLY SET UP AT BIG M BEFORE IT GOT HIGHJACK, I'M STAYING WITH THE ORIGINAL PLAN, AND ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND HAVE A GREAT TIME, ALL THE TRAILS WE ARE GOING TO DO WE HAVE HAD STOCKERS WITH US BEFORE AND SPOTTED THROUGH, SO IT IS HARDCORE JUST TECHNICAL AND A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.  MY FIRST TRIP HOOKED ME ON ROCKS.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #21 on: 08/15/06 - 08:35PM »
IF YOU ARE GOING TO YELL I AM TO. YOU ARE FORGETING ONE THING.......ITS NIGHT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS AT 2 AM FIXING YOUR  STOCKER , BECAUSE THE PEOPLE YOU WERE FOLLING CARED MORE ABOUT THEMSELVES HAVING A GOOD TIME IN THERE BUILT RIGS THAN YOU HAVING A GOOD FIRST NIGHT RUN?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Blueyellow

« Reply #22 on: 08/15/06 - 09:09PM »
I don't think he is yellin at you I just think he can't type very good and it's better to do it all in caps LOL. Don't ya remmeber those days?

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #23 on: 08/15/06 - 09:17PM »
I gotta get my foot in on this.....My views...In a way i agree with oldyj on the fact that It IS NIGHT.. however i disagree witht the fact that we care about ourselves more....in my personal exp. i have found that our group is like the Army... no man left behind.... we are all out to have a good time, me with my stocker would definatley like to have the option of some harder stuff...The last night run turned into a bunny run and I was bored out of my mind...i know we are all here to get our club to grow but we need to have something to keep the members that have been here for more than one bunny night run...we are losing members to boredom....I agree with Hvac that chadwick is boring.yes it is night and thing get a little harder at night but thats what lights are for and thats why we are having experienced wheelers go with us... i have been down to Big M a few times and I havent had to use my winch yet... almost broke a few things but for the most part the only thing that really scares me about Big M is if it rains.and rains and rains. then it is fun but very technical.   Bradman is probably one of the best people to ask cause ive seen his jeep with a 2-3 in lift and fully open 4 banger go places where id never thought possible...if your scared that is what we are here for.. if your still scared then you have no business driving a night run untill you get more exp. under your belt....my first night run was as a passenger... we ended up breaking and i still had an awsome time... and i bet if you wanted to thumb it on this run, and watch someone else tear up their rig with you in it, then youd be ready for the next night run....all you have to do is ask and im sure someone will have an xtra seat.besides the fact that you can get completely blitzed and make fun of everyone else...my $1.50....as a conclusion to this essay i would like to say i will be down at Big M with Hvac, bradman, and BlueYellow... I trust these guys and love to wheel with them. :beerchug: whheww I need a drink.
I like jeeps!!!

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #24 on: 08/15/06 - 09:27PM »
so what time are you guys meeting down there... whos cares if its OFFICIAL. in fact im kinda getiing sick of this official  :bsflag: .... all i wanted to do when i joined this club was break things while having fun... and meet some really cool guys...I guess ive done that so screw Officialities.(is that even a word?) :boink:  I ready to break things.
I like jeeps!!!

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #25 on: 08/15/06 - 11:09PM »
sorry roger i didn't mean to seem like i was yelling at you.  most of the time i'm typing in my  van and it is loud around me so i have to type louder than normal so i can read it.  i tired of all this bs, i just want to go wheelin, beside we are meeting at between 3 and 4 at big m.  the way my math is we have at least 4 hours of good daytime wheelin and if some want more we can do easier trail after dark, but by the time we have the meet and greet starting at 10:00 that will make for a full day.  by the way i'm glad to see you'll be there ryan.  

P.S. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!

Offline mudmonster

• Level 1
« Reply #26 on: 08/16/06 - 03:31PM »
Quote from: "HVACMASTER"
 most of the time i'm typing in my  van and it is loud around me so i have to type louder than normal so i can read it

DO YOU LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #27 on: 08/16/06 - 03:42PM »
Ill open the park if that would solve any problems..... :beerchug:
I know we are closer than the other spots. I wouldnt mind, and dont care how many would be coming plus it would give me something to do that night.

Just an option. :biggrin:

Brandon
SMORR
www.offrdranch.com
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #28 on: 08/16/06 - 08:16PM »
Fierogld wrote:

Bradman is probably one of the best people to ask cause ive seen his jeep with a 2-3 in lift and fully open 4 banger go places where id never thought possible"
 :beerchug:  :applaudit:
I owe you $20 for that!  How much for you to follow Me around all day and say stuff that . :applaudit:
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #29 on: 08/16/06 - 08:33PM »
Quote from: "mudmonster"
Quote from: "HVACMASTER"
 most of the time i'm typing in my  van and it is loud around me so i have to type louder than normal so i can read it

DO YOU LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Use to, but sold van to Blueyellow to drive.  Now just drive between jobs checking web.