Author Topic: Amateur Rock Crawl for cancer 2007 series, Disney  (Read 7811 times)

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Edited to add more details.

RCAC
Rock Crawl Against Cancer amateur series
The RCAC is a fundraising event to raise money to help fight cancer.
All proceeds from the RCAC events for 2007 will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Come join us to help fight a terrible disease and have a great time in the process.
Based in Mid America the RCAC will be a 3 event series for 2007.
The Amateur Rock Crawl competition is designed to be easier and less stressful that a pro rock crawl event. The courses are setup so a stock rig can make it thru with little damage. Chance of rollover is very limited. Anyone can enter and all vehicle types are allowed.

First event date is:
Saturday May 19, 2007 at Disney, OK
Tech and sign up starts at 0730
Racing starts at 0900.
Trials motorcycle exhibition at 1300
Entry fee is a donation to the fundraiser. You choose how much you want to give.
Prizes are trophies for top 3 positions.
Spectators are free. Refreshment vending will be available.

Vehicle classes:
The vehicles will be split into 4 classes.
Small Tire ? 4 wheeled production vehicle w/ 35? or smaller tires.
Big Tire ? 4 wheeled production vehicle w/ 36? or larger tires.
Buggy ? Highly modified, custom built or specialized off-road vehicles.
X ? quads, motorcycles, go-karts, or any other type of vehicle.
(Classes will be determined by RCAC officials at tech signup. If you have a question what your rig will fall under contact Tolly for clarification.)
Safety ? All vehicles must have first aid kit, fire extinguisher, seat belt restraint system, and valid federal requirements liability insurance coverage.

Rules summary:
Competition is based on a points system similar to other rock crawling sanctions
Each team must negotiate thru a series of stages incurring the least amount of points as possible. Team with least amount of points wins.
A detailed copy of the rules will be available soon for download.

If you are interested in volunteering or donating for the RCAC events please contact me. We need all the help we can get.

Future event dates and location to be announced. I am working on getting them setup, please be patient. If you have any questions please ask.

Here is a link to an event that Tolly is going to put together.  I thought some of you may be interested.  It is designed for those that want to have a good time competing with friends and not tear up their rig.  You will not have to worry about competing against experienced pros.  This event is for Amateurs only.

Should be lots of fun.  Contact information can be found at http://www.TollyFab.com

http://www.outdooradventuregroup.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3571

Blueyellow

Re: Amateur Rock Crawl for cancer 2007 series, Disney
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 3/07 - 10:00AM »
I am seriously considering this anybody else??

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 3/07 - 12:05PM »
This sounds cool. I'd be interested in hearing more.

When will the dates be and how far away is it?
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 3/07 - 08:07PM »
The competition will be held in Disney so it is not far.  Tolly is looking at the first weekend in May, I think it is the 5th or so.

Blueyellow

« Reply #4 on: 03/ 3/07 - 08:55PM »
Hey Bill Remind tolly that the OReiellys four wheel drive Jamboree is Being Held up Here on that weekend that might slow the attendence a lil
Al

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 03/ 4/07 - 12:49AM »
Thanks Al,  I will let Tolly know about the Jamboree.  I know he is trying to work around anything that would conflict but that time of year is very busy with other competitions and events.

I will post up when a final date is set in stone.

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 03/ 4/07 - 04:48PM »
Would May 19th be a better date?

If any of you are not interested in competing but would be willing to help with judging or other things please let me know.  We can use all the help we can get.

Blueyellow

« Reply #7 on: 03/ 4/07 - 05:48PM »
Bill I am good with that date. I am in  Man Are we allowed a spotter?? also what are the classes let me know man
see Ya
Al

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 03/ 4/07 - 11:00PM »
I am sure you will be allowed a spotter and I will let you know more details as soon as I know them.

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 03/13/07 - 10:42PM »
More details added to original post.

Check it out.

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 03/16/07 - 12:11AM »
Sounds pretty cool, I may go to this one also.  ShowMe, you may wnat to post this event on some other local club boards and such to help spread the word for the cause.

here are some to try:

www.Brushbeaters.com - covers 4 state area and several other clubs that don't have web sites check this site also.

www.KCJeepClub.org - KC Metro area

www.KC4WD.org - KC Metro area

Blueyellow

« Reply #11 on: 03/16/07 - 11:05PM »
With it Being such a General location I am gonna Suggest More Classes... Maybe 31, 33, and 35 Tire class. I think it may Turn out more people. I know some Guys that won't Run With 35 and Below Becasue they are Running 31's But don't wanna Be out match from the start..... just an idea
AL

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 03/16/07 - 11:45PM »
I agree there, I run 31's and know I can not hold a candle to the axle clearance of 35's.  Maybe set it up like:

Tires under 33"

Tires 33" to 35"

Tires 36" and larger

We all know how the larger tires will turn out, it is the smaller near stock that will be fun to watch.

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 03/17/07 - 01:50AM »
I will talk to Tolly about the classes and see what he is thinking as far as courses go.  I am thinking the courses can be set so that there will be no disadvantage to the people running 31" tires.  This is not going to be difficult courses it is more just so some new people can get their feet wet with competing.  It is a good way to have a lot of fun and raise some money for a good cause.  Driver/spotter skill will probably play a bigger roll in who comes out on top than vehicle ability or tire size.

I would think a lot of it will depend on how many people we can get to help with judging and scoring.

I will post up with more info as soon as I have it.

Any of you that would be willing to help please post up so we can start getting a count together.

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 03/17/07 - 08:15AM »
With the courses that Tolly will set the guys with 31's will have an advantage over the guys with 35's because they will be able to turn and manuvure better.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.