Author Topic: Amateur Rock Crawl for cancer 2007 series, Disney  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
Re: Amateur Rock Crawl for cancer 2007 series, Disney
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 2/07 - 11:08AM »
Thanks bunches for the interest in this event. I want to promote the rock crawling sport and community and help a good cause. My wife and I are donating all of our time for this.

The idea of these events is to offer a rock crawling experience for everyone but concentrating on the beginner or hobbyist. With easier courses, less restrictive class rules, and a more laid back environment. I am trying to take out some of the stress associated with pro rock crawling. Anyone and any rig can enter the competition.

Official rules will be posted today, I am putting the finishing touches on them now.

Vehicle classes are a little different than what you have seen before. Looking to keep it as simple and fair as we can. The more classes I have the more complex the event becomes. With limited staff, resources, and time available I have to make compromises.
ith a Bocephus sticker on his 442,
he'd light em up just for fun!

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 2/07 - 12:23PM »
RCAC rules are ready for download.
RCAC 2007 Rulebook v.1

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #17 on: 04/ 6/07 - 04:51AM »
Looks like I might me running in this one. If dad gets his Jeep done. I'll be driving his new rig. If not I'll use mine. Either way I'll be there. Thats my birthday weekend. Also like to add there will be a RC Comp going on that same weekend there too. The guys of OKRCRC are setting that up. Should be a cool weekend there. :applaudit:

Offline ycheese

• Level 1
  • 84 RENAGADE
« Reply #18 on: 04/ 6/07 - 07:49PM »
I'll be there !! Disney rocks!!   CHEESE   :cool:  :boink:
84 Renagade  CJ 7 , 4.56 gears. lock rites F&R. AMC20,Dana30. keep the dirty side down! CHEESE =)

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
« Reply #19 on: 04/18/07 - 10:50AM »
Only a few more weeks away.
There will be free fun at the event. Make sure you come early to get yours.

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
« Reply #20 on: 04/25/07 - 04:37PM »
Some folks have asked me why are we promoting this event and why would we want to volunteer our time and resources. Well there are two parts to this.
 First; I really enjoy rock crawling. I want to promote the sport as best I can. I feel there are not enough events in the mid-America region catering to the beginner or amateur crawlers.
 Second; my spouse had been diagnosed with breast cancer a little over a year ago. Luckily she is cancer free at this point. We feel this was possible by the treatments and diagnosis that was available. We wanted to help others by helping fund more research and development to fight cancer.
 So I thought a great way to raise money for great cause and have a good time doing it would be the RCAC. Sheryl and I are donating all of our time and materials we have to put on this event. I hope everyone has a great time and this may help save someone else. I wanted to have a series of events for this year, but it is looking like we may just be able to put on the one event. Will have to see what kind of help we get.

RCAC needs help with artwork for logo and t-shirts, if can help please contact me.

Thank you,
Tolly

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #21 on: 04/25/07 - 11:37PM »
I am praying you all have a terrific turn out and that your wife remains cancer free.  I am close to this cause myself and trully wish I could be there.  Thank you for working so hard and giving so much.
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Blueyellow

« Reply #22 on: 04/26/07 - 12:47AM »
I am There I Have My spotter is watching Videos As we speak I am Ready to compete and I am ready for a Challenge????? ANYBody Going to Pipe Up and tell me they are gonna Beat me??? BRING IT BOYZZZZZZzz I am ready

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #23 on: 04/26/07 - 10:12AM »
iearsbigboycanyoucatchme
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
« Reply #24 on: 04/26/07 - 12:24PM »
We are proud to announce the RCAC is now a
W.E.ROCK sanctioned event.

We will be using the W.E.ROCK rules for this event. The class rules will not change at this time.

Thanks to W.E.ROCK for helping promote this event.

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #25 on: 05/ 7/07 - 10:09PM »
Ill be there ...but by myself....so maybe ill pick up a hitchhiker to be my spotter :biggrin:

Brandon
www.smorr.net

Is everyone gonna meet and caravan down together?? and if so where??
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Blueyellow

« Reply #26 on: 05/ 8/07 - 08:47PM »
I am still gonna Be there My spotter is going over all videos I can get my Hands on.... We Are gonna Be stylin With my New Hair dooo WOOO HOOOO
Al

Blueyellow

« Reply #27 on: 05/12/07 - 10:09PM »
OK It's only a week away Who is gonna Be there????? Come on I need some Competition!!!!!!
even the Big Boys come on Just Down size the tires and roll in My class I can take Ya
YEA BABY

Offline Tolly

• Level 1
« Reply #28 on: 05/15/07 - 12:11AM »
Event is only a few days away now. I am getting everything together and found out I have had a few volunteers have to reschedule.
I could use some course judges for Saturday May 19th. From 8am to about 5pm. If you can help let me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #29 on: 05/15/07 - 04:53PM »
Does anyone know the conditions of the area right now?  I have tried to look it up online, and could not load the page.

Is the water flowing?  Are all the rocks under water?  Is it open?
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png