Author Topic: Chadwick  (Read 6258 times)

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
Re: Chadwick
« Reply #15 on: 09/ 3/07 - 07:01PM »
So I went down there today.  It was great, couldnt do to much though because my buddy couldnt take his Jeep.  Theres some big mudpits that I was itching to go through.

Devaroux is just numbered, I had to ask how to get to it.

Offline johnnyepic

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: 09/ 4/07 - 03:51PM »
Sounds like a blast....got any pictures dude?

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #17 on: 09/ 5/07 - 12:05AM »
Just a couple, my lazy friends wouldnt get out to take any.  I would have done the big mud pits, but my buddy I was planning on going with, said he couldnt last minute.

And after

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #18 on: 09/ 5/07 - 12:55AM »
thats a nice lookin XJ man! i love the 2 doors!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #19 on: 09/ 5/07 - 12:49PM »
Numbered roads are cool.  To drive on Gov't land your rig has to be licensed and insured.  It's just like driving on any road or highway.  Also, don't have any alcohol... you can get a DUI, or so I've heard.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #20 on: 09/ 5/07 - 08:00PM »
I've been down every trail off of devaroux road.............. in my 2wd dodge ram.  :applaudit:
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #21 on: 09/ 5/07 - 08:56PM »
Quote from: "TJ-2thousand"
thats a nice lookin XJ man! i love the 2 doors!

Thanks

Quote from: "junkman306"
I've been down every trail off of devaroux road.............. in my 2wd dodge ram.  :applaudit:

How many trails are there?  I just went down the first one I came to, had fun on that for about 3 hours, then I had to go home.  I was on the one where you come to the big opening in my first few pics, with the big hills.  Are there a lot more down the road?  I did find a place with a bunch of mud pits, but no one will go with me, so I cant get stuck.

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #22 on: 09/ 5/07 - 09:39PM »
If anyone ever wants to go wheelin down there sometime, shoot me a PM.  Id love to have someone to go with.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #23 on: 09/ 5/07 - 09:57PM »
if you just stayed on the road , and passed a big mud pit  there was probley some sings that said area closed. the big clay hill in you first pic is off limits as well. chadwick is a great place to get a few hours of wheeling in. you just need to watch where you go. alot of the sings have been torn down but you can still get a ticket. good pics and glad you had a good time
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #24 on: 09/ 5/07 - 10:53PM »
Quote from: "OldYJ"
if you just stayed on the road , and passed a big mud pit  there was probley some sings that said area closed. the big clay hill in you first pic is off limits as well. chadwick is a great place to get a few hours of wheeling in. you just need to watch where you go. alot of the sings have been torn down but you can still get a ticket. good pics and glad you had a good time

Stay on Devaroux?  So I was on a trail I wasnt supposed to be on? There were no signs. What trails can you be on?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #25 on: 09/ 5/07 - 11:05PM »
Quote from: "black2doorxj"
If anyone ever wants to go wheelin down there sometime, shoot me a PM.  Id love to have someone to go with.

if you can ever make it during the week, let me know. im usually off mondays and tuesdays, and sometimes thursdays.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #26 on: 09/ 5/07 - 11:19PM »
there are trails off of devero, I am sure you found those. all I was saying is the big mud pits right off of the road are off limits. and the clay hill dont be driving on it, forrest service will right tickets. most of the sings have been tore down buy others

this hill (pic was taken before it was closed)
http://ozarksjeepthing.org/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=138

pits (same as above on the pic)
http://ozarksjeepthing.org/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=141

http://ozarksjeepthing.org/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=142

maybe these will look fimilare. hope this helps. I am not trying to scare you off by any means. just be carefull when down there. I personly think Chadwick is a great place to wheel exspecialy for beginers and justr kill a few hours .its close and can be alot of fun.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #27 on: 09/ 5/07 - 11:39PM »
I only took that first trail off Devaroux down to the hill, and then the four trails that lead away from it.  Are there more further down the road?

Offline johnnyepic

• Level 1
« Reply #28 on: 09/ 6/07 - 02:56PM »
black2doorxj, those pictures look awesome.  I'm diggin' the 32" tires.  Nice looking rig.  I'll definitely have to check that spot out since it's legal  :beerchug:

Offline black2doorxj

• Level 1
« Reply #29 on: 09/ 6/07 - 09:28PM »
Quote from: "johnnyepic"
black2doorxj, those pictures look awesome.  I'm diggin' the 32" tires.  Nice looking rig.  I'll definitely have to check that spot out since it's legal  :beerchug:

Thanks man, I havent seen you in town lately.  Love seein your jeep