Author Topic: Frostbite 08 at Kansas Rocks Feb 23rd  (Read 3444 times)

Offline why jay

• Level 2
Re: Frostbite 08 at Kansas Rocks Feb 23rd
« Reply #15 on: 02/ 7/08 - 03:12AM »
Anyone else plan on going to this?  We are seriously considering it.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline inphobic

« Reply #16 on: 02/ 7/08 - 10:08AM »
2 days left to pre-register or come on down day of!
Hope to see you there! Jake

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #17 on: 02/ 7/08 - 10:31PM »
Its done, I am registered and looking forward to it.  See you all there.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline rubberbelly

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 02/21/08 - 06:13PM »
Here is the latest of things to keep in mind for Frostbite 08!

First of all be careful if the weather in your area looks unsafe to travel it?s better to be safe than sorry.
If you can?t make it we will keep your merchandise at the park office where it can be claimed for 90 days following the event.

Tow rig parking will be tight as usual. We will do our best to get you parked in a situation where you can easily get out when you are ready to leave.

Please remember there is NO ALCOHOL allowed in the park. PERIOD.

Trail Guides: if you guys think you have what it takes to show some people around the park let us know we?ll put you to work!

Geo Caching: You will receive you first set of coordinates in your registration. There will be no meeting before hand. Please ask if you have any questions.

In order to make getting in the park as fast as possible you can fill out a WAIVER ahead of time by clicking here. EVERYONE one in your vehicle must be accounted for. http://www.ksrockspark.com/PDF/KRRPstandardwaiver.pdf?PHPSESSID=84d933868e155bc5dc3f7bbc735e0c7f

Lunch: We have some great chili and chili dogs from Two guys and a Grill. However we only have 8 picnic tables in the whole park for you to sit at. You might want to bring your camp chairs if you really want to make sure you get a place to sit and eat.

That?s all I have for now! Thanks

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #19 on: 02/25/08 - 01:23AM »
Great time as always!!! Crowded, but fun!!! You all should have went. Fun park to play around at if in the area, or get an invite.
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #20 on: 02/25/08 - 03:00AM »
I agree, the place was packed.  I over heard someone say that they had 160 pre-registered, no idea how many were there but a lot more than I thought there would be.  I spent the day fixing the heep after I sheered the center pin on my front springs on the first hill.  I got to go down one and up one.  The guys there were great and helped me out though, I honestly coulndnt have done it without them.  Mike from 4x4land had a spare center pin and welded for me and James from Olathe spent about 3 hours helping (freezing his butt off.)  Cant thank these guys enough.  Anyway, it looked like a good time and I will definitely have to get back up there some time.  Maybe a club run or something.
« Last Edit: 02/27/08 - 01:34AM by why jay »
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #21 on: 03/ 3/08 - 09:27PM »
160 WOW! I still have yet to get up to KSRocks... looking forward to it this spring/summer... how many acres is KSROCKS?

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #22 on: 03/ 3/08 - 11:40PM »
I'm not sure but it is small, way too small for the number of rigs and people that were there.  The trails are pretty short too.  I am not knocking it, I want to go back when there arent so many people. 
I am Joe the plumber.