Author Topic: Halloween Run to Chadwick - October 24th  (Read 3936 times)

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
Halloween Run to Chadwick - October 24th
« on: 10/ 4/09 - 10:05PM »
Annual Halloween Run will be Saturday, October 24th.  We will be meeting at Murfin's Market in Ozark at 6:00 PM.  ***Please park out by the gas station, at the end of the lot.***  We will be leaving Murfin's at 6:30.  This will be a night run, on easy trails.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

Bobby
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline Taylor

Re: Halloween Run to Chadwick - October 24th
« Reply #1 on: 10/13/09 - 05:14PM »
I might be interested in join you all on this, if that is ok. I was wondering how late you guys run the trails and do you all camp out there?

Thanks

Taylor

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 10/13/09 - 05:17PM »
We are usually out until 10 or so I would estimate.  As a group we don't camp on this one, and you are more than welcome to join us.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Taylor

« Reply #3 on: 10/13/09 - 05:24PM »
Are the trails stock jeep friendly? I have a 2" lift on my cherokee, but got crappy all seasonal tires, still looking for some cheap 30-31" tires.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #4 on: 10/13/09 - 05:47PM »
We've gotten a stock Libby through them, as long as you are willing and don't mind some scratches I'd say come on out.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Taylor

« Reply #5 on: 10/13/09 - 06:24PM »
I don't mind a few lite scratches, but I don't want to leave my paint on the trail, lol.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 10/13/09 - 06:28PM »
The trails aren't bad, usually just a few light scratches in the clear coat.  You're more than welcome to come out and join us and give it a shot.  Just make certain you have a full size spare and recovery points.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #7 on: 10/13/09 - 06:33PM »
Just make certain you have a full size spare and recovery points.

Ahh, there is what my problem will be, no full size spare and only got recovery on the rear.

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 10/18/09 - 11:59PM »
Was asked about what people were planning to do for supper...whether we were roasting hot dogs or if people were eating before hand.  I think for this year we will just plan on everyone eating before hand, since it's probably too close to reschedule the time. 

It might not be a bad idea for next year to leave a little earlier (pre-dark) and roast hot dogs though. 
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 10/22/09 - 07:10PM »
So who else is planning on coming out for this one? 

For myself I'm hoping it's warm since no top, no doors, and unless I figure out the problem before, no heat.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 10/22/09 - 09:03PM »
I will be there.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stretch

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 10/23/09 - 12:57AM »
I will be there. Is this a club run only or can a couple friends with rigs join us? 1 for sure, maybe two. ....... :15:
When life throws you a curve ball, SWING!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #12 on: 10/23/09 - 01:04AM »
It's an open run.  Just make sure they know the rules, spare tire, tow point, etc.

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 10/23/09 - 04:58AM »
DANG!  I came all the way up to St Louis to pick up the Lifted Wag I just bought... got the lights working, fixed a bad bog and drove the thing off the lot.  (more details on another post!) 

Anyway, a buddy let me borrow his tow dolly which I towed here.  My plan was to tow my company car home with the Wag.  After all this prep, I discovered that my 08 Impala (which I am trading back TOMORROW for my 10 Taurus) would NOT drive up on the Dolly as the front end is too low... BLAHST!  I tried a couple of times and the rain slicked ramps didn't make it easier... the crunching sounds from the front really sounded expensive! 

Anyway, since I don't have a tow rig at the moment, I am going to have to bring a friend up here to help me drive back both vehicles next week... which means I can't go on the night run.... BLAHST AGAIN!  I was sooooooo close! 

Oh, well, there are other events coming up!

I may come out to Murfins just to wave as you guys drive by! 

Have a great weekend and fun on the "Run"!
\
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 10/23/09 - 12:36PM »
I am in!

This will be my last time with you guys as i am leaving for Arizona on monday.

I will only have my stock 32" though... Hopefully it will be good enough.
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı