Author Topic: wrangler vacuum problems  (Read 1574 times)

Offline jfair

• Level 1
wrangler vacuum problems
« on: 03/23/07 - 07:07PM »
I just gutted my 90 wrangler and put a rebuilt 80 258 in it. I seem to have it running pretty good but have a few vacuum issues to address so does anyone out there know a good mechanic that knows jeeps i could take it to ,I'm in Rogersville.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: wrangler vacuum problems
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/07 - 08:53PM »
What are the vacuum issues, exactly?  The front disconnect, or something to do with the acceleration, or is it loading up on you while not level?
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline Pepper

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/07 - 09:46PM »
I know it would be a big job but actually fairly simple to just start replacing all the vacuum lines and possibly the cannister.

It might cost a small fortune to have a mechanic trouble shoot and replace the offending line.

$10 to $15 in rubber hose may go a long way.

.02 in.
url=www.dirtyfabworks.com]http://sija.org/pepper/DirtyFabworks/Logostuff/DirtyFabworkssmall.JPG

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 03/24/07 - 03:48AM »
ha....nice vacume........

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 03/24/07 - 12:07PM »
The pcv valve for that motor is a t valve.I have one side hooked to the carb and the other side is open.If you barely even touch the open side it kills the motor so I'm not sure what to do with it.I gutted all emissions and canisters on the jeep so I also need to figure out how to get the vacuum for the 4wheel drive working.   Oh MIke I saw your response and wondered will your jeep ever be on the road?  By the way I am running a EMPI performance carb.

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/07 - 01:12PM »
hey i drove mine last night...........

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 03/24/07 - 04:45PM »
Did you buy the EMPI for the '80 258, or the '90 year jeep?  This will make a difference on the install.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline jfair

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 03/24/07 - 06:13PM »
I did buy it for the 80 model. The motor is built real strong for a 6 and has a huge amount of vacuum.Ihave the old motor and do not need it so i'm thinking about goig down to Johns 4x4 andletting him fix it all for trade on my old motor if he wants it. I was real sure to ask them about the carb since I did away with all the emissions, so I don't know exactly what to do with it.