Author Topic: missouri tags  (Read 917 times)

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
missouri tags
« on: 03/26/10 - 10:03PM »
i got a renewal paper for the tags on my jeep, and the two yr price was 76.00. when I asked about it at the license bureau, they told me the jeep was registered as a 42h, it is a 6 cyliner vehicle, so then they proceded to look up 10 other jeeps in their records and all those jeeps were 6 cyl. but also 42h, now, i wish my jeep had 42h, but to my understanding a 6 cyl is only 32h. we had to go get the title and take it back to the license bureau to get changed, (which they charge you 11.00 for.) the jeep is now registered as a truck because of they way the title was done, truck tags are 20.00 cheaper, i just wanted others to be aware of how their jeeps are titled and to make sure others dont pay higher than they should on these.
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: missouri tags
« Reply #1 on: 03/31/10 - 09:45AM »
The bumper hieght law is diff. for cars & truck. cars is 24" to bottom of front bumper truck can be alot higher.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 03/31/10 - 10:22AM »
Bumper is just based on GVWR so registration doesn't really matter there.

However if registered as a car the exhaust must exit out the back if registered as a truck you can run dumps or turn outs. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 03/31/10 - 10:35AM »
well my thing was that even tho my title said it was a 6 cyl it had 42 horsepower on it, which 6 cyl jeeps dont have 42 horsepower, they have 32. so with it being titled as 42 horse, they can charge you more, so when it is titled as a truck, horsepower doesnt matter, they go by weight, so people need to know how their vehicles are titled in order to not have to pay as much for plates. they whole thing is crazy anyway. I just wanted people to be aware of that
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree