Author Topic: 77 Cherokee Chief  (Read 1227 times)

Offline trblmkr4

77 Cherokee Chief
« on: 03/29/10 - 05:18PM »
So i just bought a 77 cherokee chief.  Its got the AMC 360 and th400 tranny in it.  Speedo and fuel gauge does not work.  I have no idea what i'm doing with FSJ's but i love the way they look and always wanted one and couldn't pass up on the deal.  Any ideas on what i should do with it?  Personal thoughts/opinions?  I'll post up some pictures later when i'm not at work and can access them.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: 77 Cherokee Chief
« Reply #1 on: 03/29/10 - 05:24PM »
Eh fix it up make it look nice, Keep it stock or build it? Are you going to wheel it?
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline trblmkr4

« Reply #2 on: 03/29/10 - 05:28PM »
see thats where i'm torn.  i'm going to get it repainted to look exactly how it was off the showroom floor, its in great shape.  The only rust spots are the rear fenders(which i hear are common spots) it has virtually no rust.  I have a 95 YJ on 35's but am kinda leaning towards turning the chief into a mild rig.  Still daily driverable but if i want to go out i can.  As is stock it's sitting on 31's

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 03/29/10 - 05:34PM »
The chasis for one is sitting here in the shop.  Body at a body shop.  1 tons with 38's on aluminum double beadlocks. 

Rear is triangulated with TJ coils front SOA with hydro assist.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline trblmkr4

« Reply #4 on: 03/29/10 - 05:37PM »
definitely not wanting to go THAT big.  was thinking 33's max maybe 35's.  Want to be strong but moderately built.  Save the crazy stuff for the wrangler once i start back up on it

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 03/31/10 - 07:46AM »
Keep it stock & drive the $# !+ out of it.  I had an '86 Waggy & loved it, but the wife HATED it, so it left a few years ago.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline trblmkr4

« Reply #6 on: 03/31/10 - 02:33PM »
shoot the wife is the gal who told me not to miss out on an opportunity like that!  :101: