Author Topic: What have you been doing to your jeep lately?  (Read 65661 times)

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
Re: What have you been doing to your jeep lately?
« Reply #45 on: 01/10/07 - 09:28PM »
Instaled a hand throttle yeasterday..got some beadlocks commin and am on the lookout now for a 8.8..so little money, so much time to wish on..and so it goes.
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #46 on: 01/10/07 - 09:30PM »
where did ya get your hand throttle?? Getto or factory made or????
Let me know, after disney i see that i need one.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #47 on: 01/10/07 - 09:38PM »
I built mine from scratch practically..cost me abt $5..got a bike cable kit from wal-mart (less then $5)..stopped by a local bike store and asked for a brake lever (free)...and abt 1 hour of my time..follow this link    http://bbb.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000587    for a complete how to do on hand throttles..really neat to have!
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #48 on: 01/10/07 - 09:43PM »
sweet man, thanks

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #49 on: 01/10/07 - 10:05PM »
Just got my Rock-Gear fast-back top on, and yesterday, i had a brand new exhaust installed from the manifold back.

I like the way it sounded without the exhaust. :agree:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #50 on: 01/10/07 - 10:08PM »
Hope you installed a lock on that top Dick.  Because YOU KNOW it's gonna look good on my jeep, I gotta have one since it's the only top that will still let me fit in the garage.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #51 on: 01/11/07 - 11:04AM »
Dick, if i had the money i would beat aaron on the price.  because i want it as well.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #52 on: 01/11/07 - 02:11PM »
I built mine from scratch practically..cost me abt $5..got a bike cable kit from wal-mart (less then $5)..stopped by a local bike store and asked for a brake lever (free)...and abt 1 hour of my time..follow this link http://bbb.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000587 for a complete how to do on hand throttles..really neat to have!

Great trick for the hand throttle.. thanks for posting up that link Dr. Lewall. I'm going to do this.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #53 on: 01/11/07 - 02:48PM »
Getting a new rear end, Super 35 with a locker. Just got my poison spyder rear rocker panels in, now looking for LED lights to put in.
Tuesday Phil here in Marshfield is putting the rear end on for me. Olena and i are putting the rear rocker panels in next weekend.
I can't wait to get it all in and get out to Seymour to try it out.

See ya all on the trails when i do  

shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #54 on: 01/11/07 - 02:53PM »
Hey Jon, did you get the crusher corners or the trail corners?

Also for LED lights... try here: http://www.craigrsales.com/ledliac.html

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #55 on: 01/11/07 - 04:05PM »
Quote from: "whitehead"
Great trick for the hand throttle.. thanks for posting up that link Dr. Lewall. I'm going to do this.

You are most welcome! I probably shud've mentioned that you cant really go into a bike shop and ask for a lever..ask them if they have any old used levers to give away..not likely that one would walk in and demand a lever and expect to walk out with a new lever.. :agree:
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #56 on: 01/11/07 - 04:36PM »
I've got a 5speed bike shifter for my hand throttle.  You can tighten or loosen the resistance so you can set it and take your hand off of it to keep the idle speed up.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #57 on: 01/11/07 - 04:39PM »
Lewall:  Does your brake lever have a spring to put it back to idle or no resistance when you let it off?  

Seems to be a lot of people putting these on their jeeps lately.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #58 on: 01/11/07 - 04:53PM »
I would think the throttle return spring would pull it back to idle just like the foot pedal on the floor.  With that setup you wouldn't have the chance of the end over roll like that girl in MOAB a few years back.  Automatic tranny and hand throttle can be dangerous.  The setup like DrLewell has would be much safer than mine, but with a standard I can always hit the clutch.  I know automatics can be slid into Neutral, but with both hands on the wheel you may not have time or could get confused.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #59 on: 01/11/07 - 05:02PM »
I'm not asking ?'s for mine, but for when we do Dave's hand throttle.  I can imagine someone needing a hand throttle in an automatic jeep, I think it would just over complicate things.