Author Topic: What have you been doing to your jeep lately?  (Read 65662 times)

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
Re: What have you been doing to your jeep lately?
« Reply #75 on: 01/24/07 - 10:21PM »
Got the new beadlocks on

Commin up in MAY, having an 8.8 installed with 4.56 gears and lockers. The D30 is also being upgraded..SYE with CV shaft..but in the meantime, I have got to get my OBA installed so I won't have to deal with a small ARB compressor when the D30 is up graded in MAY...DANG this stuff is expensive! ( but then so is/was the Harley!)
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #76 on: 01/25/07 - 11:42PM »
I put on a 1" Motor Mount lift in prep for the tummy tuck this summer... it also took out the little bit of drive vibe I had from removing the t-case drop.

Quoted from TANYJ
Oh, i forgot to mention, that generator & transfer switch ate up all the cash i had for my SYE, CV shaft, & tube fenders. That makes it Jeep related?

Yes that makes it Jeep related, but it was already Jeep related since you own a Jeep, and you probably picked it up in your Jeep, and it gives a Jeepers wife comfort. But none-the-less you have improperly posted your upgrade to this thread when you should have posted it in the thread about losing electricity. I think you should be brought before the board and a full reprimand initiated bringing forth your suspension from the website and any club activities for 1 hour.

:jiggy:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #77 on: 01/25/07 - 11:45PM »
Quote from: "whitehead"
I put on a 1" Motor Mount lift in prep for the tummy tuck this summer... it also took out the little bit of drive vibe I had from removing the t-case drop.

How long have I been asleep?  Didn't you just tell me you did that and I KNOW it's not summer outside.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #78 on: 01/26/07 - 12:02AM »
yes I did tell you already... just keeping everyone posted to 'what I am doing to my jeep lately'... never got a chance to post it on here since I was without internet for a while... I have other things to do first like the tube fenders and trail cage... which is why I am waiting till summer or fall for the tummy tuck...
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #79 on: 02/ 7/07 - 09:59PM »
Just picked this up today, and as soon as i decide what way i am going with a shaft, it'll be going in.  Can't decide to go the cheap way with a cut down XJ front shaft, (roughly $115-160 depending on if it needs new joints) or just buy a new Woody (around $260-300 delivered to my door w/the trail hazard warrantee).  The price of the Woody includes the $40 certificate we have, so the 275-300 is actual out of pocket.

J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #80 on: 02/ 7/07 - 10:07PM »
Glad your going SYE dick, bring the jeep over and we'll throw it in.  Maybe next time at Disney you won't spend so much time hung on your skid.  :bangnerd:

My jeep is awaiting a new starter and i'm waiting on my stock YJ springs to show up to replace the springs I junked on the CJ.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #81 on: 02/13/07 - 04:50PM »
Complete overhaul on the front and rear with 4.88 Superior gears.

Also just received a set of Poison Spyder Trail corners in the mail today and will be going with LED tail lights... going to put them on this weekend.

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #82 on: 02/13/07 - 06:04PM »
Just put new fuel filter on her last night.  Evidently the original one from 1990 doesn't stay good forever, but my jeep has power again.

Also, raised the skid, put new plugs in, CB, fixed the CD player, and installed sound bar.  Just minor, pidly shit, but I gotta tinker with it or it wouldn't be any fun.  

Now if I could get the damb thing level.  It sets a little lower on the passanger side.  Annoys the tar out of me when I walk into the shop.  Actually a little depressing.  

P.S. - Thanks to Sanchez and Aaron for the technical help last night on the CB.
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #83 on: 02/13/07 - 06:12PM »
Dave, most Jeeps lean to the driver's side.  At least yours goes back to level when you're driving.  Mine about lays over when I get in...   I should add some weight to the other side, huh?
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #85 on: 02/13/07 - 06:36PM »
We know why his leans just haven't corrected it.  Also the spool that's in the back binds the suspension while turning and increases the lean.

Mine got a new starter, and some new springs will go on as soon as I get to make some top plates.

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #86 on: 02/14/07 - 03:16PM »
I added a little spacer to the front body mount on the passanger side and that helped level it out.  I made aaron come over and make sure i didn't drop the thing on my head, but i got in almost level now.  When my fat butt gets in the driver seat it is about perfect.  

Therefore, the only people that can ride with me are little, skinny hot chicks that won't mess up the balance again.  Or my dog.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #87 on: 02/14/07 - 03:19PM »
Therefore, the only people that can ride with me are little, skinny hot chicks that won't mess up the balance again. Or my dog.

ahaha.  That's too funny man. Great excuse to keep out the fat chicks.  :agree:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #89 on: 02/14/07 - 03:24PM »
I was trying not too be so blunt about it like most things I say, but you guys caught onto it way too fast.  I prefer to say only little, petite, sexy women with big boobies, not NO FAT CHICKS.  Thats just rude Jimmy.  I can't believe you would say something like that.  :applaudit: