Author Topic: favorite tools  (Read 3021 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: favorite tools
« Reply #15 on: 01/ 4/09 - 02:01PM »
ha ha I was going to post friends who know what they are doing but you guys bet me to it.
air is pretty high on my list. when I restored old John Deere tractors a torch and  degrease was my favorite tools.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: 01/ 5/09 - 09:22PM »
Well, my favorite tools are my jackstands. I have a set that goes from 24" up to 40". I made these and have used the heck out of them. Everyone that comes to the shop has tried to take off with them a time or two. I have shorter ones for normal rigs, but my long ones are just awsome
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline xjnation

• Level 1
« Reply #17 on: 01/ 8/09 - 01:47PM »
As of right now my plasma, drill press and welder are at the topof the list.  My bender is pretty awesome too, but I hardly ever get to use it.  I have the anchors in the driveway and it's too damn cold right now.  BFH is a must and a handheld grinder. 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #18 on: 01/ 8/09 - 01:54PM »
Ya the bender will be a lot higher on the list after we make Brad's air over hydraulic.. I think I've worn a path in the floor from bending with it now.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #19 on: 01/10/09 - 11:52PM »
I haven't gotten to put any quality time with it yet, but this will be one of my favorites for sure.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #20 on: 01/12/09 - 02:08PM »
If you cant fix it with a BFH... you've got an electrical problem  :P I hate electricity, because i don't understand lol
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....