Author Topic: Newbie lookin to get into wheelin  (Read 804 times)

Offline jmk654

• Level 1
Newbie lookin to get into wheelin
« on: 03/ 2/09 - 10:31PM »
hey guys complete newbie here just bought my jeep last friday, 02' sport 4" lift 33x12 tires 5 spd.  Lookin to possibly get into some wheelin locally around springfield.  Never have been but looks like a lot of fun.  Jeep is my every day vehicle so not looking to tear anything just want to have some fun.  Any recommendations on where to go or places to check out?

Klemme

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Newbie lookin to get into wheelin
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 3/09 - 12:08AM »
Your welcome to come by the club meeting thursday evening.  There is a thread in the trail rides section.

Your also welcome to attend any of our runs and I know SMORR has a stocker run coming up which maybe good for getting your feet wet.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline clever98jeep

« Reply #2 on: 03/ 3/09 - 12:29AM »
tHANK YOU i WAS ON A TRAIL RUN WITH YOU GUYS IN THE FALL. i WAS A TRAIL GUIDE AT SMORR.i WAS IN A BLACK TJ MY BUDDY WAS IN A DARK BLUE JEEP.i LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS AT THE RUN MARCH 14-15.hOPE TO BE A GUIDE AGAIN!

Offline hotshot

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 03/ 3/09 - 02:13AM »
hey guys complete newbie here just bought my jeep last friday, 02' sport 4" lift 33x12 tires 5 spd.  Lookin to possibly get into some wheelin locally around springfield.  Never have been but looks like a lot of fun.  Jeep is my every day vehicle so not looking to tear anything just want to have some fun.  Any recommendations on where to go or places to check out?

In my opinion this is a great group to get your feet wet with; No one will guilt you onto a trail your rig or skills aren't ready for and there's lots of experience to lean on and learn from.

I've only been on the trails twice and both times have been a BLAST!  There's no guaranty you won't break something, but chances are you won't.  If the possibility is a huge deal you might want to re-think offroading.

Hope to see you at the next event.