Author Topic: CB Antenna help!  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Requiem

• Level 1
CB Antenna help!
« on: 12/24/05 - 01:06PM »
I have, quite honestly, no idea what I'm doing.  I thought this would be as simple as buying an antenna, the mounting, hooking it up.. tuning it and going!  Well, now I find that there are so many different types of mounting it isn't funny. :confused:

First, I'm planning on going with a Firestik antenna.  Then I found out there are 3 different kinds.  KW, FL, and FS.  So first, I need to know which to get.  I'm going with either a 4' or 5', and plan on mounting it on the back of my YJ at the bottom.. so that should kinda give a hint as to what I'm looking for for mounting.. (since I have no idea, that's where you all come in to help me out)

Or hell, is there any place around the springfield area that I can go where they have everything I need right there, so I can just go in and explain and get something?

So yeah... HELP!  :bowdown:
omplex - Admin at MoJeepin.com
The Duke - '95 YJ Rio Grande (sold)
Chief - '98 Cherokee Classic

Offline acorn

• Level 1
Re: CB Antenna help!
« Reply #1 on: 12/24/05 - 01:11PM »
also very interested...
01 TJ Sport, black under tinted spice
31X10.5 Kumho MTs
Warn Rockcrawler and shackles up front
Nth Oil Pan & Warn Steering Skids
1" BL/BMML & JKS Quicker Disconnects

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 12/24/05 - 04:12PM »
I just got mine at radio shack and tuned it and it works great in fact at times I can pick up what others cant. 3ft ant mounted on left front quarter.

Jon
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline Requiem

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 12/24/05 - 04:58PM »
I got the help I needed.  Gonna be getting my stuff from the guy who owns mojeepin.com  He knows the owner of Innovative audio, and is gonna hook me up with what I need.  Thanks anyway though.  =)
omplex - Admin at MoJeepin.com
The Duke - '95 YJ Rio Grande (sold)
Chief - '98 Cherokee Classic

Offline acorn

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 12/27/05 - 10:56AM »
Hey Shamoo, how did you choose that spot?  Most installs I've seen run the antenna off the rear right or center.  I think I like yours better, if for nothing else but looks.  Can you enlighten me?
01 TJ Sport, black under tinted spice
31X10.5 Kumho MTs
Warn Rockcrawler and shackles up front
Nth Oil Pan & Warn Steering Skids
1" BL/BMML & JKS Quicker Disconnects

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 12/27/05 - 07:15PM »
I had it mounted on the drivers side rear bumper and every time I had the top down it seemed to want to whip around. So i found this mount on ebay and moved it gets a good ground and tunes well. No problems with it whipping around now.
Shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline DKR

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 12/29/05 - 11:52AM »
Anyone had trouble with mounting it on rear spare tire mount?  I had mine on rear bumper but like has been said..it whiped around really bad until it finally broke.
kr
[TJ] 3" BDS, 33" Super Swampers, Banks power, K&N