Author Topic: speaker upgrade and wheels question  (Read 1349 times)

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
speaker upgrade and wheels question
« on: 01/10/06 - 12:26AM »
anyone using the 33Engineering dash kit to use 5 1/4 in the front dash speakers? i just bought a pair of new sony xplods to replace the decade old stock sound bar speakers and wondered if anyone had upgraded the front as well. is it worth the $40 for new speakers and $25 for the kit?

the jeep isn't too loud yet either since i have measly 31's :-(

also, i am shopping around for new wheels. I want to widen the look/stance of my jeep so it doesn't look tall(only a 2" BB) and skinny. i think the TJ still has stock wheels that are like 15 x 6 or 7.  if i get 15 x 8's (i like Tech 1's Rockcrawlers) with about 3.75 BS, will this widen the stance with 31 x 10.50 in tires?? if not, i'll just wait till i upgrade the tires and wheels together

thanks for the input
WTF is a Palm Beach Edition?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: speaker upgrade and wheels question
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/06 - 12:29AM »
i made DKR a set of adapters for his dash speakers, if you want i could make another set for you.

i just got rid of my 15x7 and got some 15x8 wheels and it made alot bigger differance than i would have ever though.

Brian
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline acorn

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 01/10/06 - 10:56AM »
I'm on 31X10.5's with 15X8.5" Helo Slot wheels that are either 3.5" or 3.75" BS.  I end up eating/wearing everything I drive over, so yeah, that sort of wheel should widen your stance.  Sometimes I wish I had less BS but I love those wheels and wider flares would fix me up.
01 TJ Sport, black under tinted spice
31X10.5 Kumho MTs
Warn Rockcrawler and shackles up front
Nth Oil Pan & Warn Steering Skids
1" BL/BMML & JKS Quicker Disconnects

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 01/11/06 - 05:57PM »
thanks for the input fellas.

TJ-2thousand, i might take you up on that offer once i get my new soundbar speakers in. you sold your sub box already right?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 01/11/06 - 07:26PM »
nope still got the sub and box. the guy said he would be in touch with me after christmas, and i still havent heard from him.

so if you want em just let me know

Brian

Offline v2thjeep

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 01/11/06 - 09:22PM »
hmm, i think i might. i'm a noob when it comes to audio, do i need an amplifier or anything to hook up the sub? there are some extra audio cables on the floorboard in the TJ, but i'm not sure what they're for. I pulled most of them out.

thanks for the help. i'll give you a shout once i get the new speakers in.

VG

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 01/11/06 - 09:24PM »
you will need an amp for this sub. i may have an amp for sale as well. and i still have all the power, ground, RCA... wires you need for the install.