Author Topic: Installing Warn Rock Sliders  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
Installing Warn Rock Sliders
« on: 12/28/07 - 09:43AM »
I am putting some Warn Rock Sliders on my '06 Unlimited tomorrow and have a question.  I pulled the steps off last night and also pulled the horizontal trim piece off that butts up to my front flare at the bottom.  Behind the trim piece are 3 screw inserts that actually stick out a little bit and I am sure these will keep the rock sliders from being perfectly flush to the side of the jeep, but I'm not sure.  Do I have to remove these screw inserts?  If yes, what is the best way to get them out?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: Installing Warn Rock Sliders
« Reply #1 on: 12/28/07 - 11:20AM »
i drilled mine out.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 12/28/07 - 03:17PM »
just grind them down with an angle grinder and spray some primer over the metal to keep from rusting.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 12/31/07 - 09:01PM »
Put the sliders on this weekend and they went on fairly easy with the exception of fitting my big hand up underneath the jeep to reach 2 bolts per side that are difficult to get to.  I drilled out the screw inserts and it took about 30 seconds total to do all 6 so that worked really well.  Thanks!

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 01/ 1/08 - 12:49AM »
did you make sure to paint the holes that the threads were in?

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 01/ 1/08 - 12:52AM »
I definitely did paint them!  Thanks!  I would sure to have to take them off to paint those holes now!!

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 01/ 1/08 - 02:44AM »
i used a roll on bed liner on my rockers before i mounted the skids. but i think mine are coming off pretty soon for sand blasting and power coating.