Author Topic: Name this guy!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Name this guy!
« on: 09/14/06 - 08:18PM »
This guy happened to walk past my office today and I asked him if I could take a picture with him.  He and his wife are awsome friendly people.  Wish I would have caught him when he didn't have a meeting to go to.  

Lets see if you guys know who it is.  HOPE SO!

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: Name this guy!
« Reply #1 on: 09/14/06 - 08:35PM »
thats Boyd Cottington (sp?)

is that here in town?
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 09/14/06 - 10:16PM »
Yep, give the man a prize.

He was in the corporate office of O'Reilly Auto Parts today.  We are sponsoring his show this year.

My office is right outside of the Board Room so it has advantages.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 09/15/06 - 12:51AM »
HOLY hell it's Boyd Coddington......what an exciting time!  Too cool that you were able to meet him!!!  Benji showed me this first and then I logged on and that is HELLA cool...... :beerchug:  :bounce:  :applaudit:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 09/15/06 - 01:00AM »
This what I think about him.  :boxing:
His not all that. He has stole others ideas and passed off has his. Then has someone else build it for him. I also heard that about every 7yrs he files for Bankruptcy.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 09/15/06 - 10:20AM »
I feel the same way that Rocky does.  Plus, that little Dwayne dude that runs his shop would get hit in the face with a hammer.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 09/15/06 - 10:23AM »
If you look at his past work that he won a lot of awards for etc. it all kind of died off after he and Foose dissolved thier partnership or what ever it was.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: 09/15/06 - 10:25AM »
What I think's funny is that they do an O'Reilly commercial sending Duane out to pick up some parts to fix some old ladies car.  Last time I checked there wasn't an O'Reilly location in California.  It may have changed by now, I know they buy new stores all the time.

Wether he's a flake or not, it's still pretty cool to meet someone that's on TV.  In business, he's probably a pretty cool guy, but on the show, he just seems like a jackass.  Even if I had the money to have him build me a car, I wouldn't, just from the show.

I don't agree with filing bancruptcy just cause you can, but a lot of people do and cite it as a good business practice.  John Q Hammons has filed many times and so has Donald Trump.  They just use all of the resources at hand to help them make a buck, or billion bucks.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 09/15/06 - 10:29AM »
I agree it is cool he got to meet him, I'm just not sure he should be a hot rod icon as some have called him.  I mean how hard is it to build a "boydster" that uses no old parts?  Shouldn't be hard to build a car with no budget and a catalog.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 09/15/06 - 11:02AM »
He is just another person.  Hell I bet he puts his pants on the same way I do one leg at a time.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: 09/15/06 - 07:09PM »
Yup, we agree.....he's another person.....has all his cronies doin his work and kissin his ass lol....but still cool to meet someone like that and yeah I've never seen O'Reilly's out that way....I was suprised to see em in Tx when I took colton down to see his dad at Ft Hood.
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline kylec5381

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 09/17/06 - 02:02AM »
its cool to have met him, but i heard someone say something bout Foose, is he the real deal or just a knock off like ole Boyd, cause i really like Foose and would hate to hear that bout him, but the truth hurts sometimes, someone please fill me in
5 shortbed chevy 9 inches higher on 36 inch TSL's and 327c.i.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 09/17/06 - 03:51PM »
Chip Foose used to work for Boyd.  He left and started being the biggest thorn in Boyd's business side.  He is probably the biggest person that has stolen allot of Boyd's business.  There is allot of animosity between Boyd and Foose and that is why it was such a big deal when Charlie (Boyd's old bodyman) left to work for Foose.   I like Foose's work better and if you watch Overhaulin' he does allot of the work himself.  He really likes to do the taping for the graphics, adjusting body panels, metal work.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline kylec5381

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 09/17/06 - 06:02PM »
yea he really does get more involved than boyd, he has a crew but they dont do everything like duane and his buddys, and boyds show is dramatic, if you know what i mean, just the way the talk, kinda like american chopper
5 shortbed chevy 9 inches higher on 36 inch TSL's and 327c.i.

Offline Fire Crawler

• Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 09/17/06 - 10:44PM »
Foose has the real talent. He can lay it down on paper and then build it. Being that creative and being able to turn it in to something, is really something. I saw him make a pattern for a windshield out of layers of masking tape one time, contour and all. Boyd has built some cool stuff, but Foose's stuff is outragious.