Author Topic: No Heat or Electricity ! Any help appreciated.  (Read 1123 times)

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
No Heat or Electricity ! Any help appreciated.
« on: 01/19/07 - 03:47PM »
My wife and I have been very patient and are waiting for our electricity to come back on.  We are using a little kerosene camping heater for heat.  It heats one room but only raises the temperature about 5-10 degrees.  We are using camping propane lanterns for light and we are running out of the little replacement canisters.  Last night, 92YJ was kind enough to let us use his kerosene heater.  THANKS.  Super good guy.  

We are praying that the electricity comes back on before the snow falls tomorrow.  Does anyone have a generator that they would rent or let me borrow for the next few days.  I have 4x4 parts and would be more than willing to do some trading if needed.  

I have a chainsaw and would be more than willing to cut trees at your house in trade also.  

please contact me at 417-576-6317 or 417-576-6319 if you can help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: No Heat or Electricity ! Any help appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/07 - 04:05PM »
I have already loaned out my Keroseen heaters... since I have gas heat and have not lost electricity... so I cannot offer help in that way.

However if you need a place to stay, you can come stay at my house. Give me call if you need... I've pm'ed my number to you.

I'm in Southwest Springfield.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/07 - 07:47PM »
No problem with letting use the heater, figured that if I didnt need it you can use it.

If you find a gen. you can use it to run your home heater, I my neighbor showed mr how to do that. He was kind enought to let me use his gen. and wire it in to run my  house heater sence it is a gas unit and runs on 110.

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/07 - 08:29PM »
I have a coleman 1750 generator that I am trying to sell for 75 it has only been used 2 times it just wasn't big enough for the mobile home its not going to power the whole house but you can use about two things at a time if you are interested let me know.
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 01/19/07 - 08:34PM »
I have a way to hook your propane heater up to the larger tanks like on your bbq grill, these are soooooo much more cost effective and you can put your propane lamp on it too at the same time. PM me and I'll tell you how to set that up by phone, that's for any of you.  I'll be calling fordstroker
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 01/20/07 - 12:00AM »
Our power was out for 6 days here on the west outskirts of Spfld. Luckily it came back on.
 Some of you may know already, some of you may not.... I'm one of the MANY electricians that are out there working this storm. Damage is very extensive, as seen on the news. If there are any of you here that are still waiting to have your "weatherheads" (service riser through the roof) fixed, feel free to PM me, or e-mail me a request for some help. The company I work for has a long list of names going, and I would certainly pull all the strings I could, to get your names on that list. Some of the houses we've gone to, the customers are telling us that there's already been an electrician here, but he/she wouldn't do anything, if the line(s) were/are still "hot". If this has happened to any of you, let me know, I will make it so that the next readily available electrician can do the job as requested.
                         Thanks, and good luck to all those still in the 'dark'...
                                                                                        "Big Ride"
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
Now We have Electricity ! All help was appreciated.
« Reply #6 on: 01/21/07 - 03:26PM »
Thanks for all of the help guys.  92yj for the heater, Big Pimpin for the hotel, and everyone else for offering their assistance.  We got out power back yesterday.  If anyone needs a place to come and get warm or a hot dinner, please feel free to call me and you are more than welcome to come over.  We still don't have internet so I am having to come up here to work to post.  

Thanks a bunch guys.