Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Intro
« on: 03/17/08 - 10:32AM »
Hey all. I don't see a spot to post introductions so I figured here is as good as any.

My name is Fred Stilling. I currently live in Clarksville, TN but MAY be moving this summer to Ft Leonard Wood MO and will be looking for places to wheel and folks to wheel with. I am married to my wife of almost 9 years Angel. We have 2 sons, Andrew, 9YO in June, and Ryan just turned 1 year March. Andrew is a nephew who we have legal custody of so he's a Son.

Angel is a stay at hime mom and I am in the Army. I am currently in Iraq for my 4th time and hope to get home this spring to move this summer and maybe get a little break from being away all the time.

Angel drives a 2006 WJ (Grand Cherokee Lerado) as her DD and I drive a Dodge Ram 3500 as my tow rig/DD. Our trial rig is a 1999 TJ Sport. It is built for what I use it for including 5ish" lift, 35" Pro Comps of DIY Beadlocks, a Ford 8.8 out back and a Super 30 up front. Both axles have ARB's and 4.56 gearing. I t has a fully array of skids and body armor. OBA as part of the ARB package and a uniden CB for Communication on the trail. It has alot more on it I just can't think of right now and new stuff every day.

Well anyway guys and gals just wanted to chime in and say hi to all and I will be lurking in here until I find out if I am moving for sure, once I know that I will become more so active of a poster and will be looking into actual membership.

See Ya on the trails.....Fred 

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 03/17/08 - 10:42AM »
Welcome - Fred!  First off - Thanks for your service!  I met my wife 10 years ago while stationed at Ft. Campbell (2/187)! 

Make sure to post as much as you want and let us know when you are in town for some wheelin.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 03/17/08 - 11:05AM »
Welcome to the site Fred and indeed thank you for your service!

The closest place to really wheel around here is http://smorr.net which is about 30 minutes from Springfield and I'm guessing about 45min from Fort Wood.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 03/17/08 - 12:17PM »
Welcome, folks.  When/if you get to Ft. LW, look up Jason, Armycop on our site.  He can help you find your way around.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 03/17/08 - 12:58PM »
Thanks for the resonses guys. You will learn I am quick to make myself at home. I am happy as a Jeep in the woods to see a Club in the area. I found the site for SMORR and also Flat Nasty. Both looked QUITE interesting. As for the Ft Wood guy it's good to see another soldier on here. I have been to Ft Wood a few times so I know my way around fairly well. I am just ready to get home right now and get some work done on the Rig and get to wheeling again!!!!!

We will see but maybe I can talk the wife into a "house hunting trip" in July that I will be forced to drag the jeep along on!!

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 03/17/08 - 01:15PM »
WELCOME FRED. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YA.

BRANDON
SMORR
www.smorr.net
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 03/17/08 - 01:52PM »
Welcome to the site, I'm guessing you followed my link over from JF.

I would also like to thank you for your service, a very good friend of mine is deployed to Iraq from Ft Campbell but I can't remember her unit right now for some reason.  Hope to see you on the trails when you make it back.

Aaron
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 03/17/08 - 02:04PM »
It was a combination of you posting it and I was just surfing and happened upon it. This is a nice site but the Background is busy. The photo takes up alot of computer assets, make it slow to load and work.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 03/17/08 - 02:10PM »
it only has to load once; if it is loading every time then you don't have your cache set up in your browser.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 03/17/08 - 02:46PM »
Welcome and thanks for your service.  I've had a couple friends serve over there and they have some crazy stories.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #10 on: 03/17/08 - 11:19PM »
HOwdy and welcome to the site, hope to see ya around smorr wheeling somtime.
                        Jeeper guy
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....