Author Topic: Deer Season  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Deer Season
« on: 10/20/08 - 11:03PM »
So who's ready for Deer season? I went scouting last weekend, already confirmed my zero on Iron Sites, just got a new weaver rail and Scope for my Shot gun (useing Slugs) ordered a clibing Stand and will be picking up a new 2 person ladder stand. Nov 1 & 2 is a youth hunt and Nov 15-25 is modern firearms season here in MO. I AM READY!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/08 - 12:44AM »
I'm ready; will be hunting with my new 700 Remington XCR Light Tactical chambered in 308; got my boot time in and have a plan all laid out. Should the Great Spirit grant me a bounty...  I'll come back and post some pics of that bounty.
« Last Edit: 11/18/08 - 08:10PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #2 on: 10/21/08 - 10:59AM »
Almost ready, confirmed the scope a couple weeks ago. Just have to get up the hill and prep my tree.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 10/21/08 - 03:25PM »
Well Larry if your not doing anything else Sat we can stop by the house and do some prep. Angel said she'd come hang out with your other half and we can take the boys with us

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 10/21/08 - 03:36PM »
hey sounds good Fred, Have to clean the leaves away from my spot-they make too much noise and wake me up when I roll over.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 10/21/08 - 05:28PM »
Get a tree stand ole man river. No noise in the trees and you can see further out. If you do take a shot it is easier to see where the deer goes. But you know all this. I just bought a climber stand on EBay for $94 shipped!!

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 10/23/08 - 10:25PM »
Hey when I shoot the thing falls over, you think a sniper super troop would have that down LOL windage, distance, angle, up draft LOL

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 10/23/08 - 11:12PM »
Yea they fall alright. So what happened to that doe you shot at last year? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We are gonna kill SOMETHING this season if its only time.

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 10/29/08 - 02:49PM »
Killed a 5 pt with my bow two weeks ago, just got back from 4 days elk hunting in Wyoming yesterday (skunked there) and putting up my deer stand for Mo firearms this weekend.  Life is good!
ud is good

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 10/29/08 - 03:36PM »
thats right life is good. Fred and I put up stands this past Saturday and then he and the kids tried to kill me LOL

Good Job on the 5pnt!!  I think you all have the same 4pnt restriction we have.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 10/29/08 - 03:47PM »
Yes sir 2 Stands in place, Climber in the garage, "baits" put up, corn thrown around, camera put out. With everything we have put in place SOMETHING should be around there.

Larry you take a look at camera film yet? If not maybe I'll go by today and go pull the card.

Offline Tiff

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 10/29/08 - 04:04PM »
That one was on a managed hunt which didn't have a point restriction.  I do hunt southern counties which don't have the limit either.  But, I'm pretty much a meat hunter.  If it's brown, it's down.
ud is good

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 10/29/08 - 04:39PM »
That one was on a managed hunt which didn't have a point restriction.  I do hunt southern counties which don't have the limit either.  But, I'm pretty much a meat hunter.  If it's brown, it's down.
You I have tried every way I could think of and the Horns ALWAYS turn out tuff. I'll take a large doe any day over a buck. I've killed my share of bucks already

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 10/29/08 - 08:17PM »
If it's brown it's down LOL  Yea I want the freezer filled up then I'll worry about horns

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #14 on: 10/29/08 - 11:58PM »
If it's brown it's down LOL  Yea I want the freezer filled up then I'll worry about horns
Well we will see what we can do about this Larry. If at all possible I want one quartered waiting for your freezer when you get hime Sunday