Author Topic: Deer Season  (Read 3794 times)

Offline cj-lineman

• Level 1
Re: Deer Season
« Reply #15 on: 11/ 3/08 - 07:05PM »
My 8 year old daughter killed her 2nd deer but 1st buck this past weekend. A little 6 point.  I am one proud daddy.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #16 on: 11/ 3/08 - 07:10PM »
An 8 year old girl kills deer with a bow?  Man you should be proud.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #17 on: 11/ 3/08 - 07:46PM »
My 8 year old daughter killed her 2nd deer but 1st buck this past weekend. A little 6 point.  I am one proud daddy.

Congarts man  Did she get it on the youth hunt day?

I've been getting one on my trail camera but its to dark to tell if it has a brack.

Offline cj-lineman

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 11/ 7/08 - 12:44AM »
yes she killed it with a 243 during the youth season. We practice alot and she is a good shot. I am a proud dad. the best part is she loves going.

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #19 on: 11/ 7/08 - 09:44AM »
Cant beat that when they love to go. My 7yo boy is always asking when we can go again, to bad my ex always gives hima hard time about it, he has to whisper on the phone about it.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #20 on: 11/18/08 - 08:09PM »
I'm ready; will be hunting with my new 700 Remington XCR Light Tactical chambered in 308; got my boot time in and have a plan all laid out. Should the Great Spirit grant me a bounty...  I'll come back and post some pics of that bounty.

He's no trophy buck but he'll grace my table and wall nice enough... Shot from 150 yards at high noon, ran about 75yards and dropped... still have to fill my anterless tag, but not sure I'll get to go back out...   Thanks Brandon for helping pull him out of the deep, deep, deep, (did I say deep?) hollow. Couldn't have done it without your help.
« Last Edit: 11/20/08 - 08:54PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #21 on: 11/18/08 - 09:34PM »
Congrats man!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #22 on: 11/19/08 - 12:20AM »
good looking buck, great job

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #23 on: 11/19/08 - 07:48PM »
Thats a nice deer. Send his friends my way. I have yet to even see one since I have been out

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #24 on: 11/19/08 - 10:19PM »
Thanks for the compliments...

I hunted Saturday morning till about till about 10:00am seen several doe early on, had a good shot on 2 but passed cause I was waiting for a buck to come around... but he must have got wind of me that day. Went back out on Monday didn't see nothing in the morning then about noon I got the 8pt in the pic while still hunting. Didn't hunt the rest of the day because by the time we got him out of the hollow, field dressed and to the meat plant I was wore out... I took Tuesday off also so I could fill my antlerless tag and didn't see squat that whole day.. but it was still worth it just to be out in the woods all day.  :P