Author Topic: ICE STORM CLEAN UP!!! WHO NEEDS HELP, WHO CAN HELP?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN BANNING TOGETHER AS A GROUP AND HELPING THOSE IN THE CLUB CLEAN UP AROUND THEIR HOUSES.  I WAS LUCKY AND SUFFERED NO DAMAGE AND AN HOUR AND A HALF POWER OUTAGE.  SEVERAL GROUP OF 4 OR 5 COULD TEAR THROUGH SOME TREES IN A HURRY AND GETTING EVERYONE BACK ON THE TRAILS SOONER.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: ICE STORM CLEAN UP!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/07 - 01:05AM »
great idea Rick, I need to finish getting my saw put back together but I woould be up for that
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/07 - 08:17AM »
I KNOW IT WOULD HAVE TO FEEL OVERWHELMING HAVING ALL THAT WORK AHEAD OF ONE, BUT WITH HELP IT SURE WOULDN'T FEEL NEAR AS BIG.  MAYBE THIS IS WHAT OUR CLUB NEEDS TO BOND TOGETHER AND BUILD A BETTER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN OTHERS.

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/07 - 10:29AM »
I have 2 large trees that limbs fell out of, it would take me a weekend to deal with but with some help we could get it done in a few hours.  There isn't too much considering what a lot of people's damage was, some of them are too heavy for me to move without chopping up first is all.

I'm completely be willing to help others out as well.  All work goes faster with friends and a few chain saws.  (I've got one)

I'll make a chili lunch for those who want to come out.  I'm in Republic anyone else around me need some help?  We could start there and hit my house around lunch whenever we decided to do this.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 01/19/07 - 11:07AM »
I HAVE TO WORK TILL ABOUT 2:30 SATURDAY, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO HOOK UP WITH SOME PEOPLE AND HELP EITHER THAT AFTERNOON OR SUNDAY.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: ICE STORM CLEAN UP!!! WHO NEEDS HELP, WHO CAN HELP?
« Reply #5 on: 01/19/07 - 01:29PM »
Post up a time and location for saturday.  I'll try to make it by to help.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 01/19/07 - 03:57PM »
I will help after I get power and get my place logged and split.  I don't think that it will be this weekend.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 01/19/07 - 07:25PM »
I'll come up and help with what ever I can.  Be glad to do it.
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 01/19/07 - 08:35PM »
Let me know when and where I have nothing else to do with my time and I am always glad to help with anything.
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 01/19/07 - 08:52PM »
If a few don't mind the drive to Republic PM me and I'll get you directions I'll be ready to go at 11am and will have lots of chili ready for when we're done.  Please let me know if your coming and I'll plan enough food for everyone.

I don't have much to here so a few hands would be helpful, two trees had some larger branches fall out and lots of small limbs.  I need to take the chain saw to some of it to keep in the wood pile and haul the rest around the house to the curb in case Republic is going to help with pick up.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 01/20/07 - 01:33AM »
I'LL CHECK TOMARROW, LIKE I SAID I'LL GET OFF WORK ABOUT 2:30 AND ME AND ELLIE CAN COME OUT AND HELP.  GIVE ME A CALL AT 224-1651

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 01/20/07 - 11:01AM »
After getting out there this am I've decided to put this tree cutting off.  Lots of the branches are still very icy making them heaver and harder on the chain saw.  Some are frozen to themselves or the ground.  Thanks to those who offered to help but I think doing it today is just making things harder on ourselves than necessary.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 01/20/07 - 01:01PM »
So let's go jeepin to blow off some stress!  I am planning on being at AJ's in Sparta at 1.  

I am pretty good with a chain saw too and would be willing to help someone close by next weekend.  

You can eme direct at j2sax@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 01/21/07 - 12:02PM »
I am willing to help all I can within the limits of my shedule.  I attend Drury M-F 8-5, but I can help from around 5-6 pm maybe 1 or 2 evenings.  
Don't hesitate to email or call me.

Thanks
Cp
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE