Author Topic: Tow Rig  (Read 2126 times)

Offline shamoo

• Level 4
Tow Rig
« on: 11/26/05 - 07:57AM »
Thinking about getting a tow rig and would like to see what everyone else tows with.

Pros and cons with what they use. Looking at a chev 2500hd but still kicking the tow rig option around.
any suggestions would help
shamoo
ANCH ROCKER
http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png
"BE LIKE A DUCK
CALM ON THE SURFACE
BUT PADDLING LIKE THE DICKENS UNDERNEATH"

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: Tow Rig
« Reply #1 on: 11/26/05 - 09:26PM »
tell us some mere about the chevy. Personly I say towing is the only way to go.if you break you still have a way home and on the longer trips its alot more pleasent riding in a truck than it is bouncing down the highway in a built jeep. I have towed with 1/2 tn 3/4 and currently 1 ton gas and diesle power plants. my thought are 18 foot trailer I would go 3/4 ton sound like you have already chose that deisle if the budget permits  my .02
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 11/26/05 - 09:37PM »
I sure like my Dodge.   :agree: I would like to trade trailers though.  My 16' works great, but I want a bigger one for work.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 11/26/05 - 09:39PM »
Quote from: "Track3"
I sure like my Dodge.   :agree:

:beerchug:  ME TOO!!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jeeotches plenty

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/27/05 - 06:18AM »
I :heart: my Dodge diesel pickup. :bowdown: cummins turbo diesel :brows:  :bath:
eeps towing jetskis are undboutedly sexy

Offline Sandbag

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 11/27/05 - 02:15PM »
I love my Nissan Titan 4 door. It has plenty of power, and a buttload of interior space!!
995 YJ with a few mods.

Offline goatroper

• Charter Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 11/27/05 - 07:53PM »
You already know what I'm going to tell ya
O DEEP OR DON'T GO

Offline G Reaper

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 11/27/05 - 08:36PM »
HEY JON. PERSONALLY FROM WORKING ON ALL 3 DIESEL ENGINES IN THE P/U MARKET,  I WOULD BUY AN OLDER DODGE WITH A MACHANICAL ENGINE UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO BUY NEW WITH A WARRANTY.  ELECTICAL PROBLEMS ARE A B#@CH ON THESE NEWER ENGINES.  THE NEW CHEVY 6.6  HAS ALL KINDS OF POWER.
AKE IT 2 THE LIMIT X 4  JeeP
2003 TJ
1995 CHEROKEE COUNTRY
1999 CHEROKEE SPORT

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 11/27/05 - 09:29PM »
Jon your right on the mark. Chevy is where its at. I have owned chevys and fords ( would not be
caught dead in a dodge or foreign wanna bees ) :biggrin:  and chevy is the best all around truck in my opinion. I use to sell gmc trucks at thompsons here in town and when they came out back in 01 we crunched the numbers as far as gas vrs deisel and you gotta drive a lotta miles tomake up the extra cost of the deisel engine. Plus then deisel was cheaper than gas.

But thats just my opinion

Brandon
SMORR
www.offrdranch.com
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline keegan

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 11/27/05 - 10:36PM »
if i were to go diesel...it would be dodge. The straight 6 powerplant has proven itself to me. They aren't always changing things around like ford and chevy...problems happen with that sometimes. Problems happen with dodges yea, but it just seems simple and strong and smart to go with dodge...or maybe because i ride around in a 03 dodge that maxes the dyno out at 1200rwtq running 55+psi??? 3rd clutch but motor and tranny still diggin!  :agree:  :agree:
Keegan

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #10 on: 11/28/05 - 08:40AM »
I don't own a truck, but I've talked to plenty that tow classic cars, and they say dodge or ford.  Most say to leave chevy and GM alone.  Just my $.02
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 11/28/05 - 10:33AM »
Well for what I have spent on my tow rig that pulls great but does drink a little gas but the room and that there aren't many like it are nice.  Plus if need be i can use it for a rescue rig.  Oh ANd I Can still go topless.   Here's a pic just in case you don't know about the Land Yatch.

Go for nostalgia or don't go at all.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!