Author Topic: Testing some flex  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Deano

• Level 1
Testing some flex
« on: 12/23/06 - 01:21PM »
Testing some flex while X-Mas shopping. Things you will do while waiting for your wife to come out of a store. I knew taking the trail rig was a good idea!

DRIVE IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
Re: Testing some flex
« Reply #1 on: 12/23/06 - 01:29PM »
Looks good.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 12/25/06 - 09:52AM »
You bet I would take ya!! We probably wouldnt get much shopping done. Yes for now the arms are stock. This is a very limited cash build. But feel free to make me some!!hahaha :beerchug:

Offline trailertrash

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 12/25/06 - 11:03AM »
Hi Deano.  Im building a 89 cherokee . How are your control arms stock. I just added 2.25 inch spacers to my front end and with the stock control arms my axle now sits back and twited I bit  enough that you can see a bow in the springs.  Gitting it all back together is a b*%$#. I would like any help or sugustions you can give. Im on a very no buck or low buck budget.  Phil has got the jeep running and some of the bugs out. These little cherokees are cool . I really like the way yours look. Good work. Well Merry Christmas    :beerchug:

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 12/25/06 - 11:30AM »
Hey Trailertrash,
 Yeah I had a problem with stock stuff when I first lifted it, It is twisted due to the Track arm, thats the arm that centers the axle, when lifted it tries to put the axle more to the drivers side due to the now to short track arm. So you can either buy a adjustible one of up to $200.00 to put it back to center, or due what I did and make and longer mount that connects to the axle,or you can buy them on Ebay for about $30.00. Look for xj trackbar and you will find it. Good luck and if you need anymore suggestions just ask Im the king of penny pinching.
P.S. Merry X-Mas

Offline trailertrash

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 12/25/06 - 11:52AM »
hum i havnt even looked at side to side yet. LOL  im talking about the main front 4 bars running from the frame to the axles they are pulling the whole axle back in the fenders.  Im fixing on lifting the thing 6 inch and having longer arms made . I was trying to lift it the 2.25 for now to let my girlfriend drive it in the chic run the end of january.  Did you get your rear end welded up yet?  If not Phil can do it.  Well im going to look this front end over again today. :beerchug:

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 12/25/06 - 12:41PM »
Yeah I have a little pull back, but when i trimed the fenders it doesnt bother it.Do you have a sway bar? That could be why, I just got rid of mine front and back. Maybe you could hook me up with the person making your arms maybe the more they made the better deal you could get. And I would get alot more flex. No welding now I broke down and got Aussie lockers front and back.

Offline mjsteiro

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 12/26/06 - 08:42PM »
My front end sits over towards the driver side.  I do not drive on the road so no big deal.  I think you can get an adjustable track bar from Rusty's offroad for about $130...or it could have been from jeep essentials.   I have a 3" tough country special....$120.  I to am on a very low budget.  I have also completly removed my sway bars.

Mike
othing but skinny pedal!!!

open front, welded rear, 31" LTB's

It may be small but I can still get it UP!!
 Ranch Rocker!!!

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 12/26/06 - 09:12PM »
i have heard about your unstopable Xj! I would love to go wheelin with you guys some time, i love to watch other XJs!

Offline keegan

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 12/27/06 - 01:16AM »
where you shopping at? Brown Derby? :brows:
Keegan

Offline Deano

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 12/27/06 - 07:02PM »
Hahahahaha so you know where that is.... :beerchug:

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 12/27/06 - 09:09PM »
yes that place behind you was a good place to eat fried chicken. My wifes favorite.

Offline keegan

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 12/27/06 - 09:16PM »
Quote from: "Project92YJ"
yes that place behind you was a good place to eat fried chicken. My wifes favorite.

its shut down now...guess it wasnt everyones favorite...but back on topic, sweet flex :agree:
Keegan