Author Topic: Held "hostage"  (Read 1926 times)

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Held "hostage"
« on: 09/ 7/06 - 04:46PM »
I eluded to a situation that I was in on Sunday at my parents house.

The situation was that their neighbor at the head of the deadend is getting divorced after over 20 years of marraige (sp?).  He told his soon to be ex-wife that she and some freinds could come and get her belongings on Sunday.  I guess that he decided to get up and have a few beers or whatever so when they got there he was nice and sauced.  They start to move some of the stuff out and he decided to get his shotgun and remodel the interior walls.  He then decided to pin them down in the ditch from his front door.  This all happened around 2 or so and we had went out there to have lunch with my mom's cousins that had driven to Branson from Illinois.  About 2:30 they shut the road down and didn't open it up, talk him out, until around 6.  He didn't shoot anyone and it didn't even make it on the news.

It was funny because his house is about 1/3 of a mile from my parents and we watched the whole thing with a pair of binaculars and a spotting scope.

I did learn that when a Sheriff's deputy is standing in the sun for 3 hours and you take him a bottle of water he will tell you exactly what the situation is.  But he WILL NOT sit in a lawn chair at his appointed post.  Even if he is 200 feet away from a house covering it with a shotgun!  LOL

It was fun to watch tho.  No SWAT stuff tho- that sucked.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
Re: Held "hostage"
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 7/06 - 05:47PM »
If that was in Springfield, they would have gassed the house and taken him out with bean bag shots.  Probably even burned the house down to get him out like Waco.  You should have called KY3 yourself, you could've been an eye witness.  

I can see it now:

Kara Ristelli: "So you watched the whole thing go down from just yards away?"
Brad: "Yep, that thar soused hillbilly wasted good squirrel shot tryin' ta get rid of his old lady."
KR= "Were you ever afraid for your life Mr. Barbato?"
Brad: "Nope, I had him in my crosshairs of my perfectly legal semi-auto assult rifle the whole time.  He wasn't going anywhere near me."
KR: "Do you think the authorities did what they could in a timely manor?"
Brad: "Well, I do thnk they wasted good tax payers money takin' so long.  I was just waiting for the word, and just charged a few dollars per round."

KR: "There you have it folks.  A man apprehended here next to Wilson's Creek Battlefield, and not a shot fired during a skirmish this Sunday evening."

Then Greene County arrests Kara Ristelli for obstruction of an investigation and she does a news piece on how she was treated in the poky and wins an Edward R. Murrow award for it.

Brad is watched for months by the FBI and Homeland Security, not to mention the BATF.

Oh well, it was good to know you, Brad... Damn, now we're all accomplaces since we read this.  I feel someone watching me right now!!
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 7/06 - 05:56PM »
That is funny stuff Keith!

FBI guys... I did not read this.  :cool:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Go4Lo

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 7/06 - 05:57PM »
It would be a lot better story if swat would have showed up, kicked down his door, and then we could have all watched it on COPS.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 7/06 - 06:00PM »
How about if during KR interview, somewhere in the background an Apache Attack Helicopter swept into view and starting pumpin hot lead into the purps house and surrounding area killing a few squirrels, a dog, 2 cats and a goat. The hillbillies wasted ammo would not be in vain then.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 7/06 - 06:18PM »
The funniest part was when the Sheriff deputy told me thanks and I told him "we knew you were hot - I been watching you through the scope"  His eyes got REAL big and he kinda looked around and then I said " Oh - it is just a spotting scope".  I kinda laughed and he didn't.  

I told my dad that I would take care of it twice as fast and 10 times cheaper.  Just wouldn't be as "legal".  I haven't liked the guy for about 18 years.

What makes you think that I am not ALREADY being watched?  My psychiatrist says that I am not but I think that she works for them!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 7/06 - 07:18PM »
Dadgomet, I thought my cover might have been blown.......
 you just thought we liked helping you work on tealie.(evil laugh)

:beerchug:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 7/06 - 08:06PM »
So does your psychiatrist get hazardous duty pay for putting up with you?  

For some reason I think your idea of a spotting scope is a rifle scope without a round chambered.  :agree:

Oh and don't worry big brother is watching us all.....
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 09/ 8/06 - 01:57AM »
Quote from: "OldYJ"
Dadgomet, I thought my cover might have been blown.......

Don't worry - I could tell by your welds!! LOL j/k they are getting better!

Quote from: "toyotagirl"
So does your psychiatrist get hazardous duty pay for putting up with you?

For some reason I think your idea of a spotting scope is a rifle scope without a round chambered.  

Oh and don't worry big brother is watching us all............

She probably does!!  She says that I have anger issues but tells me over the phone because of her dumb restraining order against me.  Won't even let me carry a pocket knife - some law about safety to society.  Balooneeee :ahhhhh:

If there isn't a round chambered it is a spotting scope isn't it?  Makes more sense than standing about 100 foot out of range of a shotgun to cover a front porch.  But what do I know?

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 09/ 8/06 - 08:01AM »
Quote from: "OJTV8XJ"

Quote from: "toyotagirl"

Classic>>>>>
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 09/ 8/06 - 06:41PM »
think this might just be the best thread in off topic ever!!! remind me to tell you guys  about my" spotting scope" episode next time I see you. I think it would just loose to mutch in type :brows:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #11 on: 09/10/06 - 12:47AM »
You forgot you spotting scope story...

Is there really much competition for best thread in Off topic?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato