Author Topic: 2nd try Dana 44's  (Read 899 times)

Offline kam5512

• Level 1
2nd try Dana 44's
« on: 02/22/12 - 07:20PM »
It is out of a Bronco. It is a Dana 44 for the front and a Ford 9 inch rear end. It is set up for Caliper brakes in the front and the tabs on the 9" are knocked off for the lift kit. The front end has the springs for a 3 1/2" lift. Both are 59 1/2" wide and I think I got him down to $250 for everything.

I need to know if this is a good deal and if it will work on my YJ?
Also it has  hub locks.if anyone knows please tell me.
I don't want to go through what I did last time.
Also someone is selling a couple of rear 44's on here will they work for me as well?
What do you guys think about Dana 44's in both front and back? Any help would be cool!
Thnks, Kevin

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: 2nd try Dana 44's
« Reply #1 on: 02/22/12 - 07:47PM »
Yes those can be made to work (bronco), but some of the fronts are 30's, please review my pics I sent you.

However to put them in your jeep will take substantial fab work as the front axle you are buying isn't setup for leaf springs and will have some odd castings in the tubes that need to be dealt with.

By the way gearing and installing any custom axles into your jeep is going to far exceed budget you initially told me you had.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato