Author Topic: August 19th 2nd Annual Springfield Jeep Meet N Greet  (Read 3761 times)

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
Re: August 19th 2nd Annual Springfield Jeep Meet N Greet
« Reply #15 on: 08/ 8/06 - 04:01PM »
sounds like you might have to use one of the cars on there lot   :biggrin:
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #16 on: 08/ 8/06 - 08:59PM »
we are still planning a night run after the meet and greet. place and time are still up in the air but finale plans will be set in stone at the meet and greet.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Blueyellow

« Reply #17 on: 08/12/06 - 10:46PM »
OK as an unofficial Run. this has not been brought to the BOD. Let me repeat THIS IS NOT AN OJT RUN. we just want to go wheelin.  
   there are a few of us that are going to Cassville, Mo due to SMORR being closed.  sO Who ever wants to meet us in cassville on August 19th after the meet and greet between three and four o clock be there at the parking lot in Big M. by four o clock. This is an unofficial run. Just a heads Up. seeyouonthetrail
Al

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #18 on: 08/13/06 - 12:24AM »
Since this is an UNOFFICIAL RUN, that meens anyone can come with us.  Don't miss out on a great time.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #19 on: 08/15/06 - 09:24PM »
[/quote] It was decided that it wouldn't be there due to the fact that only 4 people pulled on it at Kevin's.[/quote]

No way, I pulled My jeep and Hummer on it and I had to wait in line.
At least 10 people tried it... but unfortunaley it was decidied on at the meeting not to have it again, but THATS definalty not the reason.  I think its cause its a hassle to bring and set up and the owner didnt want to do it....however we can just flex on each others tires and measure our flex the old fassion way... its cooler that way any how.
I like jeeps!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #20 on: 08/15/06 - 11:05PM »
Sweet! I've never done the Flexing the old fashion way.. that'll be a fun time.

Though the ramp would be cool too. Is it that much trouble to hook it up and pull it? I know alot of people like having it there, since we all don't have one sitting in our driveway.

Heck, I'll go get it... I have a hitch and 2" ball, would I need anything else? I never looked at it that close, but noticed it had wheels on it, so I assume you tow it.  I'm offering to go get it and take it back so long as it is not way outside of Springfield.. Ramp Owner: PM me if interested.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #21 on: 08/15/06 - 11:53PM »
I'D LIKE TO SEE IT THERE, IT'S A CROWD PLEASER.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #22 on: 08/16/06 - 10:34AM »
The ramp owner doesn't come online much.  It's in between Spfld and Rogersville off of Hwy 60.  You can't get over 50mph pulling it with a full size truck cause it starts to fish tail pretty bad.  It could be done with a Jeep, but the hitch must be pretty high.  I'll measure what my hitch hieight is and let you know.  It wasn't bad taking it to Heritage since you can go the back roads down by Lindenlure (sp?), but taking it out to even Kevin's was a PITA.  Plus, if you take a truck to get it, then how would your Jeep get there?

A couple of times the owner (Roy Byerley) brought it out for us, but he's been working Saturdays for a while now, so he couldn't bring it out and I don't like asking if he can do it for us.  So, before we have a ton of people calling him to see if they can get the ramp, let's figure out who can go and get it.
Jimmy, I just measured my hitch and the top of the ball needs to be around 24" off the ground to keep the front of the ramp from digging into the ground.  With your lift and tires, you're probably good to go, but the soft springs in the rear might be fun.  I had heavy duty OME springs in the KJ with a 5,000# tow rating and it was plenty wicked pulling the ramp.  But that was with Swampers on the ramp and he has some better pulling tires on it now.

Anyway, that's basically the story with the ramp.  It's not owned by the club or is the owner a club member.  They just like for the ramp to be used and the son of Roy that started building it passed away suddenly before it was finished.  Roy and his other son, Matt, finished it and like to see it put to use.  They're more than happy for us to come and get it though.

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #23 on: 08/16/06 - 03:26PM »
i was planning on bringing my big red jeep to  the greet and meet. I could come early...drop off the jeep at mixers house and if someone who knows where the ramp is at could ride with me and we could get it in my truck 3/4 ton.

I wouldnt mind at all since i want to max it out( the ramp that is):agree:

Anyways someone let me know either way...

Brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #24 on: 08/16/06 - 03:33PM »
I'll ride with you and put a few bucks in for help with gas. Keith, if this is okay, you can PM me the info, I'll get hooked up with JacksFork and we can find it from there.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #25 on: 08/16/06 - 03:35PM »
just let me know....heres my number 417-827-3952

Hey mixer i need your address....

Brandon
SMORR
www.offrdranch.com
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
« Reply #26 on: 08/16/06 - 10:47PM »
i live a couple of blocks north of the Jeep Dealership.  I am looking to build an RTI ramp here at my house.  I would be more than happy to start pulling it to different events if wanted.  

if anyone has any plans for a ramp please pm them to me.

Offline mixer

• Level 2
« Reply #27 on: 08/16/06 - 11:55PM »
Brandon.......1145 S. Stewart Ave.   Right behind Jeep dealer...cell number 693-7187.....let me know...Ron :beerchug:
"GO TOPLESS"

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #28 on: 08/17/06 - 12:03AM »
Just got it cleared I will see yall on saturday. I might have to become a member at that time :beerchug: