Author Topic: I hate wiring!  (Read 1004 times)

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
I hate wiring!
« on: 12/14/08 - 03:31AM »
We put some Hella's on my Jeep tonight...got it all done and wired and they worked. Tried to flip the rock lights on...nothing. Drive around the block with the Hella's and they go on and off. Now you can turn them on and they come on, but if you turn them off you can't turn them back on for a little while, but eventually you can turn them back on. I have no idea what is wrong with the rock lights they are on a simple circuit from the battery... :102:

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Re: I hate wiring!
« Reply #1 on: 12/14/08 - 03:50AM »
Maybe a short to ground???  anybody have suggestions? let me and and Andrew take a look at them we'll try to figure them out. Also, if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.  :78:
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 12/14/08 - 03:55AM »
Maybe a short to ground???  anybody have suggestions? let me and and Andrew take a look at them we'll try to figure them out. Also, if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.  :78:

I was with Andrew all day trying to do the damn things lol. He couldn't get it any better than I could. I think the Hella's just need better grounds and me and Zach are gonna rip the rock lights out and start all over on them. We'll get it all done when I put the stinger on this week I hope.

Offline cmvash

« Reply #3 on: 01/13/09 - 04:59AM »
The lights going off and on definitely sounds like a grounding issue. To be 100% sure, you could test it by running the grounds directly to the negative terminal on the battery.

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 01/13/09 - 07:28PM »
Thanks man, I gave that a try and it didn't solve anything. But I'm not to worried about them now they work when I need them too. Still can't get the rock lights working though.