Author Topic: Japanese Mini Truck  (Read 5886 times)

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: Japanese Mini Truck
« Reply #15 on: 03/28/07 - 07:45AM »
I would not say they will replace a Jeep, but they are fun.  I put a 3" lift and 25" tires on mine.  These are built like a toyota with a solid axle rear and an independent front.  Some even come with a factory electric locker in the rear.
I mainly use mine around the farm and other things.  It is nice to have a heater and doors in the winter when feed the horses.
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline huck1974

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: 03/28/07 - 08:20PM »
I'm sure like anything, they can be modified but My buddys seemed to be a little big to go where a 4 wheeler can go and go not go where a well built jeep can go.. That is why I replied "why?". It was fun just running over stuff around his land. No harm meant. I bet that there is someone who has turned one of these things into something bad ass.
994 Land Rover Defender 90 arles blue

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #17 on: 03/28/07 - 10:07PM »
I'm going to be gone until Sunday,but when I get home i'm going to really try to peddle the Jeep so i'll be able to get one of these critters and see what I can do with it. Surely they will go thru the woods where a Rhino will go. They are kind of pig wide you know. Thanks Mark :agree:

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #18 on: 03/28/07 - 10:14PM »
I HAVE SEEN A FEW OF THESE AROUND NOT REALY PRICING THEM BUT FROM THE SHOE POLISH IN THE WINDOW AROUND 4 TO 5 K SEEMS TO BE THE ASKING ON THEM. i HAVE SEEN ACOUPLE IN HARRISON.

oops sorry for the caps to lazy to re do it
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #19 on: 03/28/07 - 11:30PM »
I have seen some in town but its been several months ago. Seems like I saw a lot with some in Springfield last year when we bought  our double wide at United built homes. I want to say they were on the lot of an adult  toy store or somthing like that. I think its out Sunshine st. Thanks Mark

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #20 on: 03/30/07 - 01:17AM »
Quote from: "marksblaster"
I have seen some in town but its been several months ago. Seems like I saw a lot with some in Springfield last year when we bought  our double wide at United built homes. I want to say they were on the lot of an adult  toy store or somthing like that. I think its out Sunshine st. Thanks Mark

I have seen some down around there I live close by I will try to check it out for you this weekend
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bradrenea

• Level 2
« Reply #21 on: 03/30/07 - 08:41AM »
There are two of them in Ridgdale, on 65 Hwy at the State Line. If you can't find one closer let me know and I can run by and see what they are asking.
8 XJ with stuff (Brad's)
96 XJ with stuff (Renea's)

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #22 on: 04/ 3/07 - 09:15PM »
Checked the one out at the state line. Its a Subaru with the motor in the rear and it has independant suspention all around. I think I need one with the motor in the middle and with  leaf springs on the rear for what I have planned. He's supposed to get more in. Mark

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #23 on: 04/ 3/07 - 11:53PM »
There is a Daihatsu sp? west of Rogersville on Hwy 60 on the north side on a lot for sale.  Saw it on the way to Seymour this past weekend.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline marksblaster

• Level 1
« Reply #24 on: 04/ 6/07 - 01:15AM »
Got one! It's a Daihatsu Hijet. Workin on getting a lift kit and mudders. Oh that heater feels good compared to my 4 wheeler! Mark :beerchug:

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #25 on: 04/ 9/07 - 10:31AM »
Congrats Mark.  Didnt take you long to find your new toy.  Post some pics,
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline BigFord74

• Level 2
« Reply #26 on: 04/ 9/07 - 12:27PM »
Went and bought my new toy hauler last week and down in Stigler,Ok a gas station had about 5 of those trucks, i thought they were Suziki's but i'm no 100%, i was tired after a 4hr drive and just wanted to pick up my new ride.

Will post pic's when the server get's done being revamped.
url=http://www.ozarkoffroadfab.com/]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8455/logoleftrs8.gif