Afraid to hurt your jeep on the rocks
2 (4.1%)
Wheres Disney OK?
4 (8.2%)
No reservations about attending
28 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: 04/29/04 - 10:18PM

Author Topic: Poll about disney  (Read 4176 times)

Offline clubscorpiojeep

• Level 3
Poll about disney
« on: 04/29/04 - 10:18PM »
Just a pole to see what the major thoughts of why you dont want to attend disney OK
eeeeeeeeep, There is no other !!!

Blueyellow

Re: Poll about disney
« Reply #1 on: 04/30/04 - 03:56AM »
I'll tell ya what, Distance and Gas Prices is one answer. ( I didn't vote) And the other reason is that I don't have the Vehicle to make the ride there and wheeling and the ride back. I enjoy Disney, Ok But it is not the only place to wheel. There are plenty of places in the 60 mile radius. I have a question,,,,???? Why wheel 160 miles away when you can wheel 30 miles away. Sure it's Not a CALROCK COMP Place But for my Wheeling it's plenty. If you want to go watch And wheel in the the big time Then Disney is the place. But if you just want to go out and have a good time and got get al little off camber then Missouri has plenty to offer. Just my 2.5 cents.

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 04/30/04 - 09:05AM »
got to admit missouri has got some damn good places to wheel, but it doesn't compare to disney :brows:  :ahhhhh:
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 04/30/04 - 10:01AM »
hey I like to wheel but chadwick and the few trails that we run are getting pretty boring I can almost sleep and drive the trails down there.  It is fun seeing everyone and wheeling but for me I hate the mud and that is pretty much all chadwick and glade top offer.  Joplin is alot of mud to.  Disney is cool because it has it all the mud, the water, rocks, aand trails.  Maybe we should try Dogpatch or potosi I hear they might let us wheel over in potosi for the just the land use fee.  Hot springs is cool but it is 5 hours away a weekend run would be nice where we could all camp and hang out and that way if someone breaks we can fix it that night and have them up and running the next day.  As for driving distance I will drive anywhere to wheel and I don't trailer yet.  It is all in how hard you drive and listen to your machine if you don't want to break.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline Willys

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 04/30/04 - 01:52PM »
WHO DOESN"T WANT TO GO TO DISNEY? :confused:
I'm already there in spirit.
Sorry I haven't been at the meetings, I'm guessing somebody wanted go, and somebody else doesn't.
You know everybody doesn't always have to do everything together. Typically more wheel'n, and less  :bsflag: occurs with smaller groups of similarly equipped vehicles go f'road'n; in lieu of one group consisting of a variety of 50 vehicles.
The main reason people wheel at Disney is do to the lack of restrictions, you can run your tires on/in anything you want except next to the spillways or in the Little Blue swimming hole.
You can also pick your POISON:
Mud holes that will swallow a 33" tire Tj WHOLE
Endless ROCK (which changes with every flood)
Numerous trails in various conditions
A stock Jeep of any kind can drive to all the challenging rock areas to DROOL over gravity defying attempts to cheat mother nature.
You can wheel all day, and not have to wash your Geep when your done (as long you stay on the rocks.)
Well there's my 5 cents worth.
She goes just like a Willys in 4 wheeldrive, and she's Summer luv'n FUN; Spring, Fall, & Winter!"
Jerry Garcia

Offline tyman

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 1/04 - 11:41AM »
Disney has my vote..I have never been there and would love to get out of the local area and experence some different trails.  How many do we really need to plan a trip?

Offline SomeoneKnows

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 05/ 2/04 - 01:06AM »
I have been wanting to go to Disney. A couple of years ago I checked on some camping spots for my brother-in-law and stopped by Russ Hogan's campground. I enjoyed visiting with Russ and he is an inspiration for anyone interested in off-road adventures. If you are camping there he has a well stocked repair shop and equipment for extracting disabled vehicles on the trails.

The lake is beautiful there and it looks like a great vacation site.
1Eagle -<| 89Cherokee
www.SomeoneKnows.com/JeepThing

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 05/18/04 - 09:41PM »
It's a great area.  Grand lake is a great lake to visit.  My sis lives in Vinita, so we make a double visit while we're there...can't wait to go again.
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 05/20/04 - 07:44PM »
I was all excited about going to disney. Is anyone still going. I know 3 Jeep buddys of mine are going down friday evening and coming back late sat. night. If anyone is going at this time maybe we could meet some where and all drive down there friday evening..

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 05/21/04 - 08:56AM »
we going down this afternoon, leaving from the bass pro area coming back sunday, if you you wanta meet up my number is 827-6466
Heath :beerchug:  :agree:  :applaudit:
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 05/21/04 - 11:49PM »
Does "this" mean Thur......I work thur so I can't go then. I will be leaving friday evening. The more the better.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 05/26/04 - 08:20PM »
Can't wait to go again and see the changes they've made with the road goin in there now.   :boink:
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline RoknTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 06/21/04 - 05:27PM »
I'd tow my jeep down if my project was done, if it was closer than 6 hrs away, and if I had the time.  I do have some axles there that I need to pick up though. :)

I drove my car down there for the CalROCKS comp and it did will on the rocks.  Glad I could see/meet some new and old faces again!
MOROC - It's Where The Action Is
Extreme Off Road Racing
http://www.morocracing.com
314-974-5337

Offline ycheese

• Level 1
  • 84 RENAGADE
« Reply #13 on: 04/29/07 - 03:46PM »
Highsociety mentioned Dogpatch , Last summer my self and a buddy loaded the jeeps up and went down, they had take the sign down and was closed.   :confused:  CHEESE
84 Renagade  CJ 7 , 4.56 gears. lock rites F&R. AMC20,Dana30. keep the dirty side down! CHEESE =)

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 04/29/07 - 05:14PM »
WWW.SMORR.NET .......ITS THE PLACE TO WHEEL.

BP
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook