Author Topic: event not for the weak!!!!!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
event not for the weak!!!!!
« on: 02/ 2/07 - 01:53PM »
saw this on ccc's site, looks to be a cool run.

www.flatnasty.net

15 Hour Nightmare.....Sat/Sun March 10-11

Call 573.729.6668 or 573.548.1112 to register...deadline of 2/15/07

The 15-Hour Nightmare is a hard-core trail run and will use most of the
trails in the park in both directions. A trail guide will keep the group
together and set the pace so the group does not get spread out. The run will
last 15 hours+. Vehicles will run a specified loop through the park and when
the 15 hours are up, the group will finish that loop back to the pits where
there will be a big hot breakfast waiting for everyone. The run starts
Saturday at 4:00 p.m. and will finish sometime around 7:00 a.m. Sunday
morning. After breakfast, there will be a raffle for all the rigs that
finish the Nightmare.

Participating vehicles will need:

* 35" tires or larger
* lockers front & rear
* winch and tree-saver
* CB radio
The minimum vehicle requirements will be strictly enforced because of the
type of trails we are running.

At the end of each loop, there will be a 20-minute pit stop for a chance to
re-fuel and re-supply. If a rig breaks it will be recovered off the trail
after the run is over.

Pre-registration is required and includes:

* Driver and spotter/passenger
* Park fees
* camping
* breakfast
* Flat Nasty sweatshirt for driver

Registration closes February 15, 2007.

It would be cool to get a strong showing of CCC members. Some may want to register for one of the 20 team spots, others may want to hang out at the park, hit some trails, shoot the bull around the campfire, etc.

I hooked up with Ron to volunteer my time to help out with the food and drink duties, so we'll have the chuckwagon trailer there. We'll have the teams swing by the chuckwagon "drive thru" to grab some hot food and drink during the 20 minute "midnight" pitstop that marks the halfway point. It would be nice to see some familiar faces at the park that weekend!  If you have been toying with the idea of registering, go ahead and call or email Ron to get your name on the list. His numbers are listed above.

For anybody that wants to hangout but not run the course, you should consider checking in with Ron to see if he wants to put you to work helping out with disabled team vehicles. I think what he has in mind is to have some "taxi drivers" that are halfway familiar with the trails so that when vehicles become disabled severely enough to drop out, the team can catch a ride back to the campground so they are not stranded. Ron has the trails networked so hardcore areas are fairly easily accessed by less built rigs. He has already fielded some calls from folks that want to be spectators, and he is cool with that. It will be a good time either way
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: event not for the weak!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 2/07 - 03:17PM »
I'm pretty sure Chad (bigride) is already registered. Looks like it will be alot of fun.. makes me wish I had 35's.  :) Wish I could make it.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 02/ 2/07 - 06:52PM »
I know a couple people already going (from home).  Sounds like it would be a good time and a long night.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 2/07 - 10:30PM »
That is correct, I'm already registered, and putting the finishing touches on the buggy. Engine is getting hopped up, as we speak. Need to finish the rock lights, and give it a 'once over' that morning at Jason's. Should be quite interesting, either way.
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 5/07 - 04:03PM »
i dont think my rig will be done, but close enough that i can be help to extract and haul folks around. i volunteered for that. im still getting my rockwells machined for the reverse rotation so that i can start my chassis.

ill be there though for sure.

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 02/21/07 - 08:07PM »
Anyone else here registered too?

Last time I checked in w/ Ron, he thought there were about 32 rigs already signed up (he had to increase the limit, due to popular demand), rumor has it that Duncan's 4x4 (near St. Louis) has reserved an ADDITIONAL 10 slots, that should be some fun, and Jeremy Naeger (insane..) will be there too!
 Looking forward to running the event, who knows, maybe I'll see some of ya' out there.
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 02/21/07 - 10:43PM »
Yes there will be several rigs from Duncans there.  One of his employees is one of the trial guides, he's in a black YJ on 44's.  The whole group from Duncan's is a good group to wheel with.  The shop is in Farmington about and HR S. of STL.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 02/21/07 - 11:11PM »
i didnt register, just got my lift installed in my shop, got my dana 60 front and adpater for the th400 to dana 300. still waiting on 1350 yokes and for me to actually start on the rig

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 03/13/07 - 10:51PM »
was a good time....

VERY long, and tiring, but none the less, we made it.
42 rigs went out, only 8 returned back to camp!!!