Author Topic: Stopped in mid sentence....  (Read 5081 times)

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
Stopped in mid sentence....
« on: 01/13/07 - 02:18PM »
The wife and I went into town ths morning and talking the "usual" husband/wife/family talk..so out of the blue, I decide to change the subject away from the work conflicks she is telling me about, I say, "Well, I am going to start doing a few things on the jeep. I want to install a on board air system and I plan to change out the rear ax........." Like a BIG ole frieght train hitting a dirt embankment, my conversation came to a screching halt with her stopping me in mid sentence and her saying "NOT TILL WE PUT IN THE NEW FLOOR IN THE KITCHEN AND A NEW ROOF ON THE HOUSE!" Why are women so dadgum practical? Sure we need a new floor and a new roof..but for now, the floor is functional, the roof is keeping us dry..my thinking is, without our "recreational" fun (ie: the jeep etc) how would we keep our sanity? Cabin fever I hear is the number one cause of Cabin Fever! And what better way to cure cabin fever than to go wheelin? Her and I have been together for so long (dang near 35 yrs now) that I cant afford to boot her out as she  :bowdown:  will want to take my jeep, so looks like we'll be gettin a new floor before to long.  
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: Stopped in mid sentence....
« Reply #1 on: 01/13/07 - 02:44PM »
If it was not for the other sex most men would live in either a truck or a shed and spend all our money on our toys :brows: I feel your pain brother belive me. my wife and I have had a long time agreement, any over time or side jobs I, that money is spent at my decretion ie... hobbie unless there is something majore needed. 2 years ago I made over 17k in OT unfortunatly she was going to school so every bit of that went for normal living exspences I set there watching my jeep sceaming for part and I could not do a thing but try to explain that" its day will comejust hang old friend"
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 01/13/07 - 03:00PM »
At least you got to say a few things that you want to do.  All I ever got out with the EX wife if " I wa---" hence the reason it is the ex wife but like the Blues Brothers say " Its cheaper to keep her " so now I pay close to 500/month in child support for one kid and I am happy to do so.  The Jeeps come second hence the reason I have a TJ bumper on the front of a ZJ.  At least you guys have an ability to do it "later" mine never made it out of the idea part.  But my day will come in about 12-15 yrs.
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Blueyellow

« Reply #3 on: 01/13/07 - 03:04PM »
OK I Have a Cure!!!! I work at a Flooring Store adn I am sure Somebody on Here does Roofing also...SSOSOOOOOOO YOu Have to come out and Wheel with us to get to know us to get a good deal on The floor and The roof... and to make that happen you have to get the Jeep up to Par. So it doesn't leave you stranded on the trail... Right Doesn't that make sense and you save money in the long run and meanwhile you are still wheelin!!! and everyone is happy :beerchug:  :beerchug:  :boink:

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 01/13/07 - 03:20PM »
Al, do you think she would "understand" any of that? I do! But her being FEMALE! and PRACTICAL! I just wonder if maybe I could catch her off guard, like maybe when she is in the middle of a bubble bath and her transfer case is disengaged while she is at idle? Hmmmm..maybe I better not push it..just hafta work on the patience thing..the MODS will happen, just not as soon as I would like..good to know that I am not the only one. Funny how life REALLY is..and amazing what we guy will go thru and endure to have a woman..ah, but life is good!  :biggrin: If it ever came down to this,  :boxing: I would lose in the long run, right?? Yep, life is good!
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 01/13/07 - 04:37PM »
how much flooring do you have to do? I have 15 boxes of tile in my garage I would be willing to make you a great deal on.most of it is 12x12
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 01/13/07 - 04:46PM »
need to do 510 sq ft..got some sub floor to replace 1st tho..what a J.O.B. this is gonna be! would be easier to put in a OBA than a floor,wudnt it????
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #7 on: 01/13/07 - 04:49PM »
yea OBA would be faster.
Thomas Jefferson

Blueyellow

« Reply #8 on: 01/13/07 - 05:45PM »
I also Have about 200SF of 2x2 Mosaics for a Shower or Back Splash I also Have Corner Peices and I Think I Have about 350 SF of a Nuetral color 12x12... Dr Lewal Fix the Subfloor and Put in a Shaw Product called Bonanza (Laminate Flooring) It's Cheap and looks Pretty good I am puttin it in my Living room I'll show ya pics when I get it done
Al

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 01/14/07 - 09:28PM »
man all you guys bagging on the women wanting stuff while you want for your jeeps, my hubby wants things for the house we are building and i just keep seeing my bumpers and lift, not to mention bigger tires getting further and further away

so you see, it goes both ways
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 01/15/07 - 11:11PM »
BOYS!!!! Good Grief......Women see it as "if you fix it today you'll enjoy everthing else better tomorrow".  I can't really have a good time if something is looming overhead and sounds like the thing looming over your head is in serious need of repair.  Sacrafice, if your woman is worth her salt, she'll appreciate you and maybe allow for your extra curricular stuff to take presidence over the next project. Feel lucky to have a wife or girlfriend and remember you had some of the responsibility in having them in your life.  Please, understand I see this from both points of view.  I love my Jeep but, I have to work to pay it off, or to keep it running properly before I can really appreciate anything else.  It would be the same for my house or anything important to me.  Now, I respect each man's NEED for something to do (ie hobbies, jobs, whatever) and I understand that somtimes needs  "might-should" come first to feel "arrr-arrr" manly (as Tim the tool man would say)but, NOT BEFORE A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT TO A WOMAN"S SECURITY-like a house.  It is a man's job to make sure his woman is secure.  Sooooo Sorrrry if I stepped on toes. But, remember it might save you in the long run.... and guarentee you a meal or two in the future.  Love on your wife and not just on Valentines or your Birthday :grouphug:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Blueyellow

« Reply #11 on: 01/15/07 - 11:41PM »
MANIPULATION Dr. LEWALL MANIPULATION is the KEY (Of course I am divorced) so you may not want to talk to me LOL
Al

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 01/15/07 - 11:52PM »
Dang! see what I mean y'all..Cari is right! Her being female, she is "practical" just like all the ladies...well here is an update..I did get her a new glass top stove to hold her for now..the floor and roof will happen sometime this spring/summer..and for now the only upgrade I am allowed to do, or can do, is put on the new bead locks..and guys, what we learn from this is PATIENCE! I will try to develope some in the meantime.  :agree:
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 01/16/07 - 12:32AM »
Not so much practical as RIGHT! :banghead:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #14 on: 01/18/07 - 02:03PM »
This is just too funny.  IT IS MEANT AS A JOKE. I do not condone anyone hitting a woman but I saw this picture and thought it was funny.  If you don't - sorry.

I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.