Author Topic: Curious.. Good brand for gears on a Wrangler TJ??  (Read 3386 times)

Offline RoughSilver01

• Level 1
  • '01 60th Annv.
Yea guys, I have the same Wrangler TJ 4.0 60th anniversary on 33's but next year I plan on upgrading up to 35's when I have to change out my tires but I'm wanting to NOT have to do so much downshifting on hills & I would have to do more when I get the new tires but I think I'd like to get new gears/lockers set-up but are there any reccomendations for a good gear set-up for my Dana 44 rear/Dana 30 front set-up that I have now?! I just want something that is durable & dependable but not known to tear up often!! Thanks alot AGAIN guys!!
                                                Brandon..
'01 Wrangler 4" Rough Country lift 33" M/T

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Curious.. Good brand for gears on a Wrangler TJ??
« Reply #1 on: 04/18/13 - 01:28PM »
i always had great luck with Superior gears.  kevin @ 4WS can give you a great run down of pros/cons.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline RoughSilver01

• Level 1
  • '01 60th Annv.
« Reply #2 on: 04/19/13 - 12:41PM »
So I have a Rough Country lift & they have a lifetime warranty with the products being under your name but does anyone know anything about the brand name called "Motive" that is found under the Rough Country lift page?? I just wonder if those are a good set-up for $469 that I need with the D44/30 set-up that I have... http://www.roughcountry.com/gears/jeep-tj.html     I just dont know a good matching set-up that's a good cost & very durable!?  Any suggestions??
'01 Wrangler 4" Rough Country lift 33" M/T

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 04/19/13 - 01:50PM »
I've never heard good things from Motive.  Avoid gears made in India or Italy.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CousinVinny

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 04/24/13 - 11:23PM »
I am having a gear swap done right now by the same Kevin that Aaron recommended. He is installing a set of Yukon Gear's economical gears. I believe that they are branded as American Axle and Gear but don't quote me. I have not picked up my rig back hopefully Friday but my thoughts so far is that Kevin is very helpful and easy to talk to. Also I tout the swap is a fair price. Just my 2cents figure I would back up Aaron's recommendations of 4WS and Kevin. Good luck RoughSilver.