Author Topic: jeeps or cars you wish you had kept?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Rmiller31

• Level 1
jeeps or cars you wish you had kept?
« on: 05/ 2/13 - 04:59PM »
Like the title says what jeep or car yougot rid of that you wish you had kept?  Post pics if you got em!

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
Re: jeeps or cars you wish you had kept?
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 2/13 - 06:24PM »
Pretty much all of them, but they all had to go eventually.

74 Mustang - this one was in the family for nearly 30 years.  Between when my brother had it and when I bought it off him, it got a new paint job, new interior, new engine, and a lot more as I cannibalized several other Mustang IIs.  I ended up pretty much giving this car to a friend who was kicked out after his wife started sleeping with her boss.  He blew the new motor and I never saw it again.

76 Mustang. Screamer in the 8th mile, but pretty much useless after that.  It looked like complete crap on the outside, but under the hood it was a beast.

I traded that Mustang straight-up for this 1-owner 1967 Fury.  The guy drove it to and from work in Marionville each day to MD Pneumatics out by the old airport.  He took delivery in August 1967, and documented everything starting with the first oil change in December 1967.  He stopped driving it when the brakes when out in 1998, and he parked it under a tree.  He gave it to a co-worker who was looking for a demolition derby car.  When the guy saw it, he said there was no way he could derby a car in that condition.  Everything still worked (a/c, am radio, etc). The backseat looked like it had never been sat in - all the wear was on the driver's side of the front bench. It turns out the brakes went out because the master cylinder failed. Put a new one on and promptly blew a brake line. Replaced that, and I was driving it - cost me ~$40 to get it running including changing the oil.

Clean Interior:

Engine bay - not so much. 30+years of wear ad tear (170,000 miles).

My brother and I rebuilt the motor with all the goodies - weiand stealth intake, carter 4-barrel, lunati cam, flex-lite fan, etc.

We did the same engine build to my brother's 67 Coronet.

My 71 Satellite - 383 big block, 727 torqueflite, slapstick auto.  We planned to have a 2nd kid, so I needed something more reasonable.  Sold it and made the final payments to pay off my student loans.

That more reasonable car: 2005 Magnum RT.  Ordered it from the factory.

« Last Edit: 05/ 2/13 - 06:28PM by 67alecto »

Offline Rmiller31

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 3/13 - 03:39AM »
Some good looking cars there man!

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 3/13 - 07:33AM »
My first Jeep
1995 YJ

And my first car
1984 Cutlas Supreme

And my first truck
1990 Chevy Stepside
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/