Author Topic: Washita SOLD!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Washita SOLD!
« on: 05/20/13 - 05:52PM »
Well, it's official (it must be official, I read it on Pirate  :78:), Washita has sold, and from what I can tell, last weekend WAS the last weekend!  Another good reason to go to SMORR and support our local off-road park.
Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Washita SOLD!
« Reply #1 on: 05/20/13 - 10:28PM »
Very sad to see a park sell out.  I'm glad I had the chance to visit it so many times and have great pictures and memories.  Thank you for those who went with us the last two times.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #2 on: 05/22/13 - 09:12AM »
That stinks.

Offline Jonbo

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 05/23/13 - 10:12PM »
I was there Saturday May 18 and Don said he would be open till Memorial Day.  Several peeps and I are doing a Salute Ride this Sunday.  I will support SMORR on the 4th of July weekend. Maybe I'll see some of you all then!8)

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 1/13 - 10:46AM »
I really hate to see us loosing wheeling spots!! Its no good for the 4x4 world. I am mad cause i never got away to go wheel the place  >:( !! Way i see it.....more places to wheel equals more wheelers which would generate more money into the off road world!!! Thanks goodness there are still a lot of places left in MO to wheel at!!

Brandon
SMORR
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 06/ 1/13 - 11:19AM »
I wish Don had put the interest into that park you put into yours.  I think that would have kept it going far longer. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 06/ 3/13 - 02:44PM »
I wish Don had put the interest into that park you put into yours.  I think that would have kept it going far longer. 
I'm not sure if ANY of them work as hard at it as Brandon does (and it shows!)
Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 07/30/13 - 09:30PM »
So listed below is what has become of Washita now, looks like all the speculation was wrong.

Asymmetric Solutions LLC, a company who offers combative training instruction to members of the military, law enforcement, security personnel and now civilians, has opened a new facility on Thomas Road south of Farmington.

Due to the nature of his work a spokesperson wished to remain anonymous, but described the company and courses they offer.

"The company is comprised primarily of former special operations vets. They come from a handful of different units. Our primary customer is the Department of Defense. We train a lot of Special Operations units. They come down to do what we consider mission profile work," said the spokesman.

Some of the instructors include former Green Berets, former Navy Seals, former Army Rangers, and former FBI, Secret Service and other intelligence operatives as well as a military physician.

The company has been in business about four years and also has a six square mile training facility just outside of Potosi. The Farmington facility, which will be similar once complete, will feature a 14,000 square foot multi-level "shoot-house," a forward operating base, an 800-meter precision and mobility range and 25 miles of counter IED/off road driving course. It also hosts a barracks and a kitchen facility similar to military field conditions.

According to the company website, even with hours of target practice at a range and incredible precision with a person?s shooting ability they are not equipped for the dramatic panic and foggy chaotic haze of a life-on-the-line gunfight.

"Right now we are finding that our civilian classes have been much more accepted than we thought they were going to be. I think it's largely because there's no other place around to do this. People go and train at regular square ranges where you have lanes and a table to shoot off of and a piece of paper at the end and that's good ... it teaches accuracy and teaches weapon control, but it doesn't give you experience in a fight," the spokesman said.

Courses offered include shooting and tactics classes such as Basics of Tactical Shooting, Women's Defensive Shooting/Home Defense, and Basic Personal Protection and Concealed Carry Certification. Also offered are medical and survival classes such as Wilderness First Aid Certification, Basic Combat Lifesaver and Wilderness First Responder/Wilderness EMT. A complete listing of classes, descriptions and pricing is available at Asymmetric Solutions USA // The Premier Firearms Training Facility and Outdoor Shooting Range in the Midwest.

"The idea of what we're doing here is we want to eliminate as many variables as we can that people will experience their first time in a combat situation. The idea being the less on-the-job training they have to do when it counts, the more survivability they will have in combat," said the spokesperson.

The company says no experience is required to sign up. For some courses a current driver license or other government-issued photo ID is required. For others, a current concealed carry permit or the completion of an approved federal background check showing no felony criminal history is necessary.

"In many ways we prefer people to have no experience because there are no bad habits to unlearn. We have taken folks with all manner of experience. A lot of police officers come through our civilian programs and still get a lot out of it. Most of the techniques we teach are very cutting edge. Our guys stay in contact with their old units so we are up to date in communicating about the latest methodologies, equipment, technologies and so forth.

"What we are doing is giving ordinary average folks the ability to make decisions. We put them in the decision-making seat so when unexpected violence or an unexpected threat encounters them they are not victims. They are decision makers. At that point they now have the equipment, understanding and mindset to make the decision and they get to choose the outcome as opposed to the aggressor," the spokesman said.

The company says they plan to be "good neighbors" in the community and encourage anyone with concerns to contact them.

"We've tried to pick a large piece of land and move toward the central pieces of it. We want to encourage anyone who has issues or requests about timeliness of things to talk to us and we will try to work with them as best we can," said the spokesman.

They also ask for members of the public with concerns to keep in mind the nature of the training.

"If they (the public) would understand that those inconveniences that they may experience every once in a while are for the folks who are out on the tip of the spear that are sticking their necks out on a daily basis to keep them safe and maintain their freedom. They are learning how to hone their craft to be more effective and to come back home in one piece. Hopefully it will be a small sacrifice they (the public) can make," the spokesman said.

In the coming months the company plans to add a mock classroom for training as well as a commercial airliner they recently purchased and are working on transporting to the grounds. Law enforcement agencies may train for free and are encouraged to call.

Private courses with individual instructors or instructors with a requested background are also available by appointment, and food, beverage, and lodging services can be made available by request.

More information is available on the web at Asymmetric Solutions USA // The Premier Firearms Training Facility and Outdoor Shooting Range in the Midwest

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 08/21/13 - 10:20PM »
Well the rumors are back in action.  It looks like our sister club MWJT may have stepped up big time!  Looks like there maybe a day a month where the place is open to wheeling!  There will be vehicle insurance and license limitations etc.  I'll keep the club updated best I can.

Aaron

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #9 on: 08/22/13 - 12:12AM »
Awesome!
Take it out and play with it!