Author Topic: Youngblood Service department Springfield MO  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Majnoon

Youngblood Service department Springfield MO
« on: 07/24/13 - 04:26PM »
Avoid this place! Here is my review from Yelp. I found a ton more horrible reviews if I clicked to see filtered ones. They filtered mine,even though it follows there rules, makes this place look good to take your car to unless your using yelp from a computer and click filtered. Here it is:

The service department is anything but. I am currently in the process of moving and staying in an extended stay hotel. Unfortunately my clutch on my Jeep went out. I could have fixed it myself if I had my tools and a place to work on it. Instead I had to use this stealership. First I got an appointment at 0800 on a Monday morning. I dropped it off the night before and wrote what was wrong with it and asked to be called with a quote before work began. At 1300, 5 hours after my appointment time I went up there. I waited around to speak to my assigned tech advisory Jeremy. He informed me they do not have the parts. He said he could check locally and get one. When asked about why nothing was being done 5 hours after my appointment time he said they did pull it in at 0800. I asked why I wasn't called to ok getting a part from autozone then instead of letting it sit. He apologized. He got on the phone with autozone and they had a clutch in stock. Told me it was 232.10. I agreed to use it. I then went home and looked up the clutches and found out they are way cheaper than he charged me. I called and asked that the receipt be given to me as the clutch has a lifetime warranty. I really wanted it because I knew he was ripping me off.  He said the part number would be on the invoice and act as my receipt. And promised to call me if there were any more delays. I got a call about 1300 on day 2 that contained a couple excuses but made it sound as if my Jeep would be done by the end of the day. As closing time approached I heard nothing so I went up there. He blamed the machine shop this time. Said it will be done the next day. I asked to see it and he allowed. It was on a lift with the transmission out. The man working on it was out test driving a vehicle according to Jeremy, while mine has been there two days for a 5 hour book time job and is sitting around like it might fix it self some day. Day three rolls around and I finally get a call around 1300 that it is ready for pick up. I show up, Jeremy explains my invoice and shows me the part number on the clutch. NU1916-4 $232.10 looked it up on autozones website and it costs $128.99 talk about getting shafted. But I'm glad its finally done and I was able to keep my cool and not cuss anyone out. I go to get in it and my leather shift boot is torn off (see photo) my consul has a gouge in it and there are black grease marks on my seats and floor mats. I walked back in, told Jeremy to come look at it. He got his supervisor instead. They offered to clean the grease up and take the shifter boot off for the shop to repair so I could take my vehicle. By this time I am sick of them and the quality of the work. I let them clean the seats and told them I would fix the shifter boot my self to keep any thing else from getting messed up. And now I have a driveline vibration I have to figure out. Complete Incompetence.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Re: Youngblood Service department Springfield MO
« Reply #1 on: 07/25/13 - 10:38AM »
You are not the first one to find out that their customer service is lacking.  I've heard of bad experiences from Jeep owners (ask Mr. Safety how they treated 'Swimmer'), as well as other Chrysler vehicles  (my outside rep refuses to go there even though he bought his mini van there).
As far as the parts cost, understand that they have to make a profit too. In business we all have to have a markup on materials to cover our overhead. 
As far as service goes, I wouldn't go there with a gun to my head!
It's too late now, but next time, consider Corwin Dodge (formerly Central Dodge).  Their customer service is top notch!  I have never heard anything but good about their customer service.
Good luck!
Mo Printer

Offline Majnoon

« Reply #2 on: 07/25/13 - 10:44AM »
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to get back into a house so I can work on it myself. My wifes Dodge Ram has a lifetime power train warranty so it is great to know Corbin is a good place.

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #3 on: 07/25/13 - 06:03PM »
I had my prior Jeep (LJ) there for diagnostics.  They made a spare key because they "locked the keys in the Jeep" with the soft top on.  Not sure why they needed a spare.

The next day, the doors on my Jeep were stolen from my driveway.  That is too much coincidence in my book.
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 07/25/13 - 06:16PM »
I had my prior Jeep (LJ) there for diagnostics.  They made a spare key because they "locked the keys in the Jeep" with the soft top on.  Not sure why they needed a spare.

The next day, the doors on my Jeep were stolen from my driveway.  That is too much coincidence in my book.
Wow!  I remember your doors being stolen, but I didn't know the other details.  That IS too much coincidence!
Mo Printer

Offline Majnoon

« Reply #5 on: 07/25/13 - 06:25PM »
Wow thats horrible! How did they cut the spare if the original was locked inside? I got more on my issue. I figured out what the drive line vibration I had for a few days since they replaced my clutch. Was going down the road with my 2 year old in the back seat and it got sever. I immediately pulled into a parking lot and got under the Jeep. The bearing cap on the rear driveshaft U joint was gone and the bolts were working there way out. I took the drive shaft off with my little tool kit and the other bearing cap fell off. Guess what! it had no bearings in it! This leads me to believe when they took my drive shaft off to pull the transmission they fell off and the bearings were lost. Caps put back on and bolted to my now vibrating Jeep which eventually vibrated the cap off. I put in in 4WD drove to Youngblood and they are being kind enough to put a new U joint in my drive shaft for free. How nice of them. Its there right now. About to go pick it up in my FWD Jeep. I'm just glad I knew what it was and stopped right away before it went through the floor board under my son's car seat. (also I am sure they would do the entire repair for free but trust is an issue)Going to pick it up inspect it and reinstall my shaft my self since I got the tools.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 07/25/13 - 06:40PM »
Wow!  This just gets 'better & better'!  Glad you found the problem when you did.
Mo Printer

Offline Majnoon

« Reply #7 on: 07/25/13 - 08:46PM »
Picked it up a couple hours ago. New Spicer U joint installed. Came back to the motel and but it back in with some locktite blue and sure enough shes as good as new no vibration whatsoever.

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 08/ 3/13 - 02:28PM »
Several bad experiences there - last time I ended up filing a complaint with the attorney general and the BBB. 

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #9 on: 08/ 4/13 - 01:28PM »
When Youngblood first got the Jeep dealership and they asked the club to have a Meet n Greet there.  I won a free oil change at the raffle that night.  After the oil change they suggested every fluid in our '04 Grand needed changing.  Brake fluid and power steering fluid especially.  I let them know how I felt about their suggestion...  Last time we went there.  How many people do shops like this swindle every day?

I've had very good service with Central Dodge, not so much now that Corwin bought them out...  Took 3 trips to complete the extended warranty of the fuel fill vent tube that was causing fuel overflow and spill when filling up our '07 JK.  Made them give me a free oil change for the hassle, which they didn't argue about at least.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 08/ 4/13 - 02:07PM »
I've had very good service with Central Dodge, not so much now that Corwin bought them out...  Took 3 trips to complete the extended warranty of the fuel fill vent tube that was causing fuel overflow and spill when filling up our '07 JK.  Made them give me a free oil change for the hassle, which they didn't argue about at least.

I've bought my last 6 cars from Central Dodge, so I was very concerned when Corwin bought them.  So far, they haven't given me any issues.

Offline Rmiller31

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 08/18/13 - 06:10PM »
I went in with a busted shock and they cleaned the oil off and put it back on. My jeep doesnt go back there. I get free oil changes to 100k so now I take it to the new dealership in marshfield. A lot nicer folks and easier to talk to.  I refuse to go back there for anything.

If they didnt wabt to warranty my shock at least tell me  dont put the busted on back on and tell me its fixed.