Author Topic: Reliable chevy!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Reliable chevy!
« on: 01/19/07 - 09:16PM »
has anybody heard the reliable chevy ad, that says they will sell you a generator for $1.00 if you buy a car?!?!

i already thought they were a very crooked lot but this puts them over the top.

if they have generators to spare and able to sell at a loss, they should be selling them to the people that really need them!

i figured there would be people taking advantage of this, but i never thought it would be a large public company like reliable!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Reliable chevy!
« Reply #1 on: 01/20/07 - 12:21AM »
Would you expect anything less from those posers. :deal:

what a bunch of loosers.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #2 on: 01/21/07 - 03:50PM »
I heard that ad too.  I think it was for the first 50 people to buy a car to get the generator for a buck.  But don't think for one minute they're losing money on the the generator... they probably just keep a GM incentive back that you would normally had received toward your new car.

I've never heard anything but bad experiences from Reliable Chevy.  Christy's cousin worked there for a while and just couldn't take the abuse they dish out to the saleman and how they were supposed to "get the sale."  I won't even drive through they're lot during business hours anymore.  The sales staff walk right in front of your car to cut you off so you can't leave without talking to them.  I just keep the window up and look away and drive off.

In the information age, there's not much a sales person knows more about a certain vehicle than the consumer that can look up all the specs of a new, or used car, to decide on what they like or would want to buy.  It's all just down to finding one with the options you want and where it is.  Some dealers still don't get how to sell to these types of buyers and try to harass a sale.  The last time I talked to a salesperson at Reliable Chevy he tried to move me into a smaller car than I wanted and wouldn't even show me the car I came to see.  We left and he lost a sale.  Bought a more expensive car down the street...

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline Lilgrnjeep

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 01/21/07 - 07:00PM »
The Wife and I for fun would drive the jeep into there lot and make them
run after us. Been doing it for years. It's great, try it.
( a bit of my dark side there ).

I saw the add in the Paper just after the ice storm, what jerks !
Nice of them to help when there neighbors are down an out.
Jeep; Pronunciation jep,
(From (G)eneral(P)urpose Vehicle)
Definition: A small sturdy military automobile with four-wheeldrive, which is directly connected to your wallet.

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/21/07 - 07:04PM »
Buy Jeeps and Fords.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!