Author Topic: ***Project M-80***  (Read 1691 times)

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
***Project M-80***
« on: 11/24/08 - 09:23PM »
 Project M-80 will be a long term build that will be a shop buggy unless one of my guys wants to throw down the cash & call it his own.

I just wanted to build something a little different by using a Honda motor in a crawler.  Yea sure it's been done before, but I want to do one with all of the 'KORE Style' we can throw at it.

Project M-80

We're building a mid/rear engine, 4 wheel steer, 2 seater buggy.  Plans are to keep it right at 2.5k lbs if not a little less.

Using a ls B18B1 that we'll be adding a  Turbo setup to, it should have enough power to be dangerous, especially with 5.29's in the axles.

We're also using the ls Auto trans (Spooled).  Which will be used to deliver torque to the axle via custom machined CV cups/driveshafts.

Plan is to mount the motor sideways in the chassis to get proper alignment for the front & rear d-shafts.

Axles:
We're using a set of '85 Toyota front axles for both front & rear.  We need two steering axles b/c we will not be able to disconnect the driveshafts to do front digs.  Basically for manueverability purposes.

The chassis will be fabricated in-house from 1.5" x .120" & 1.5" x .095" tubing.

At this point we're collecting parts & getting everything prepped.

So enough talk already.....Bring on some pictures!

Let's start with motor

Got it all cleaned up

Starting the custom Turbo Manifold....We designed & cut out this exhaust flange last week

We designed the chassis a while back...

King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
Re: ***Project M-80***
« Reply #1 on: 11/24/08 - 09:24PM »
We're still collecting parts, but we decided to get started on the chassis anyways

Saturday afternoon we started putting the chassis together....In about 4 hours time this is what we got done

I should have it to a roller soon...(Read: Whenever we get more time to work on it)

Tonight we started in on the door bars, harness bar, rear bumper & front frame section.  We'll continue to work on it afterhours this week.
King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #2 on: 11/24/08 - 10:35PM »
i love it! cant wait to see more!!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 11/24/08 - 11:58PM »
That is gunna be one nice rig, good work !!!
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....