Author Topic: My TJ  (Read 1548 times)

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
My TJ
« on: 12/ 3/08 - 01:54PM »
  Thought I'd post up some specs & pics of my Jeep

It started life as a '00 TJ with an I-6, D30 & D35.  I made short work of all of that stuff & had to go bigger.   :sifone:

Currently it has the following:

Drivetrain
- TBI 350 bored .060" Over, Mild Cam, Vortec Heads and Intake, Flat Top pistons....IIRC somewhere around 9.5:1 compression
- TH350
- Atlas II 3.8 Ratio

Axles

- Front Hi Pinion Dana 60.  I shortened it about 3-4".  Has 5.13 Precision Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Alloy USA 4340 Shafts, & Longfield 300M U-Joints.  It also has a KORE Heavy Duty Diff Cover as well as a set of our 35 Spline Drive Flanges.
  Dedenbear Knuckles along with a set of our Hi Steer Arms couple with the PSC Double Ended Ram to take care of the steering duties

- Rear Low Pinion Dana 60.  Shortened to 63" wide with Semi-Float ends & Disk Brakes  35 Spline Alloy Shafts & Full Case Detroit.

Suspension
- Front is a custom triangulated 4 link that we put together for it.  The lowers actually converge at the chassis & the uppers are relatively straight.
- Front is suspended via Fox 16" 2.0 Emulsion Coilovers
- We used Currie Johnny Joints on all of the custom Control Arms that we built for it.

The rear is a little more simple....(Well until I have Idle Hands & get the plasma cutter out...LOL)
- It's setup with a set of Rancho 1" Lift Cherokee Springs.  I set them backwards on the rig to get the least amount of shackle stickout in the back.
  We also installed one of our Heavy Duty Traction Bars on the rear to control axle wrap under foot throttle attacks.

Interior

I'm running some PRP Premier Hi Back suspension seats.  They're installed via seat tie-ins on the cage that we built for it here at the shop.
  The Optima battery is nestled in right behind the seats in one of our battery boxes & behind all of that is the RCI 15 Gallon fuel cell.

The front & Rear of the Jeep are capped off with a set of our Stubby Bumpers.  The front also sports some tube work to protect the grill/radiator just in case.

The hood is a low profile/hi fender hood from Durham Motorsports.  We built the custom tube fenders to match the lines of the hood.

Anyways here's some pics....

King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
Re: My TJ
« Reply #1 on: 12/ 3/08 - 01:55PM »
A couple more misc pics from under the hood & under the Jeep...

King's Off Road Enterprise LLC.<br />Off Road Accessories & Custom Components<br /><br />Toll Free - 866-699-8018<br />Local - 918-248-1034<br />www.kore4x4customs.com

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 12/ 3/08 - 02:56PM »
Looks awesome Ken. How do you like the coil overs? I'm going to going long-arm on my Jeep in the hopefully near future and am considering coil overs. Are they springy when wheeling? Do  you drive it on road? how does it do?

« Last Edit: 12/ 3/08 - 02:59PM by whitehead »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TJ Ken

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 12/ 3/08 - 04:55PM »
Looks awesome Ken. How do you like the coil overs? I'm going to going long-arm on my Jeep in the hopefully near future and am considering coil overs. Are they springy when wheeling? Do  you drive it on road? how does it do?

Thanks

The coil overs work awesome.  We've played around quite a bit with different spring rates on these Jeeps (TJ's, YJ's & CJ's) & I've got it dialed in for the weight of the vehicle.

Not springy at all.  I've driven it pretty hard off road & haven't had any issues.  Lands pretty soft off of jumps too.

As far as street driving: The Jeep isn't 'exactly' street legal.

However, I have driven it on the road.  It does fine.  It's super stable.  I've had no issues getting it to 70 mph...except it was super cold w/o a windshield   :P