Author Topic: Homemade trunk box/subwoofer setup for TJ Wrangler  (Read 2354 times)

Offline saltytrigger

• Level 1
I made a pretty nice box meant for a 12" subwoofer and little bit of semi-secure storage in a TJ Wrangler.  It fits perfectly between the seat and door and cannot be moved without folding the seat forward.  I ended up disconnecting the release handle on my back seat to make this more secure.  As for the subwoofer setup, there's a Polk 12" Dxi sub and the box has an inner size of .65 ci.  The whole thing is constructed out of 3/4" MDF, screws and construction adhesive for sealing.  I covered it with a thin grey carpeting.  It is very stout and I would guess weighs about 40-50 lbs with the sub and amp.  I do have an amp too.  It's a JL 500.1 mono sub amp.  Not the slash series, but still pretty good and is perfect for the sub.  The sub is about a year old and is not blown.  As far as I know should have plenty of life.  Still hooked up so you're more than welcome to hear it. 

I can sell this as just the trunk/sub box, with just the sub or the amp too.  I've got about $300 in the whole thing, and would like to get close to $200 for it.  If you just want the box then $75 or with the sub $125.  Also interested in trades for TJ stuff, and would probably prefer that.  I'm good on off-road lighting, bumpers and tops.  Other stuff I'm all ears, especially if you have black interior pieces and carpeting you don't need or want. 

Offline Rob Guinther

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re: Homemade trunk box/subwoofer setup for TJ Wrangler
« Reply #1 on: 06/30/14 - 06:10AM »
I have gray interior carpet and roll cage pad covering if your interested?

Offline mindgame

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 7/14 - 08:19PM »
I have some rear side black carpet if you would like.  It's the 03-06 carpet. And front two pieces I'm just not using it. 

Offline doubleJ

• Level 1
Re:
« Reply #3 on: 07/15/14 - 08:43PM »
Is the whole kit still available?
JJ

Offline saltytrigger

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 07/21/14 - 01:09AM »
Sorry, been a while since I've logged in.  Unfortunately the amp quit working.  I ditched the box and saved the subwoofer.  Since then I DIY'd an 8" sub into the console, which is working pretty well.