Author Topic: need some carb help  (Read 895 times)

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
need some carb help
« on: 10/10/08 - 01:37PM »
Any of you guys in the republic area and good with carbs i could use one of you to look at my truck.  Got a 1405 edelbrock with a electric choke on it on a chevy 350 and am haveing a hard time with setting it to the right rpm with the choke fully open.  More or less if it drops below what i am guessing is about 1k rpm it wont hardly idel and dies. And if i drop the idle down i have to run it with the choke flap almost completely closed to get it to idle there.  Front mixture screws are at about 2-2 1/2 turns out (dont remember now) but it idles to high for it to run off them anyways.
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline Jeeper Creeper

• Level 1
Re: need some carb help
« Reply #1 on: 10/15/08 - 10:46PM »
have you done anything to the engine to change the amount of vacuum it pulls?
if so then you may need to change your metering rod springs.

if its just acting up all of a sudden then the carb probably has some dirt in it somewhere...in the idle circuit.

We have a Edelbrock carb on our jeep, and my husband has downloaded on the computer the trouble shooting guide, you can download it at Edelbrock.com

We live in Brookline.
A girl,100lb Chocolate lab, a Jeep with 10 inches of lift and all covered in mud........life is FUN!!

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Re: need some carb help
« Reply #2 on: 10/16/08 - 01:45AM »
had a local guy helping me turned out of the problems was the distributor being off 1 or 2 teeth runs alot better now.  Not sure whats up with the carb its pulling way to much vaccum at idle on the timed vaccum side that shouldn't pull any vaccum at all.
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.