Author Topic: 10k fake money to invest in contest  (Read 1245 times)

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
10k fake money to invest in contest
« on: 10/ 7/08 - 09:41PM »
With the market in the crapper now you can really find deals. In one of my business classes we are having a 6 week contest of who can make the most money starting with 10k. So with 10k to play with what would you get into for short term. We can trade anytime at 15$ per trade. We have to buy +3$ stocks so no pennies.

Currently I'm looking at oreilly auto (ORLY) its at 23.33 which is WAAAY low its usually a constant 28-32

I'm not sure though I might wait till thurs to see what it does in the AM but I'm thinkin spend a couple k on orly and about 3k on apple. This stock being very pricy won't give many shares but has the possibilities for large gains...

What says ojt? What would you go for?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: 10k fake money to invest in contest
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 7/08 - 09:57PM »
I'm moving to OFFTOPIC

I will contribute and tell you when the market perceives a recession... look at places people think they can save $ on normal items.  Companys like Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree etc.  The sales falling in some areas are going to those.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato