Author Topic: Heritage Jeep Closed  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Big A

• Level 3
Heritage Jeep Closed
« on: 05/ 7/09 - 08:22PM »
I know this may be old news to most of you, But i just found out... :(

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/44009812.html
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Heritage Jeep Closed
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 7/09 - 08:41PM »
Yep.  Sucks for all the employees as well as those who have been doing business with them. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 8/09 - 12:34AM »
hair-i-tog-ee.... hair-i-tog-ee...  on the banks of Finley River...  It's where I bought my Jeep .. sniff sniff.  :'(

gonna miss that tune.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 8/09 - 01:20AM »
Did i say something wrong?
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #4 on: 05/ 8/09 - 01:21PM »
Did i say something wrong?

No, Jimmy was referring to the radio jingle they used to run.  It was catchy.

I bought 2 there in the past.  We stopped in there a week before they announced the closing to see about a 4dr JK and they didn't have near the inventory they normally did.  I asked about the low levels and was told it was because Chrysler had slowed down production and they didn't want to put a lot of stock on the floor.

I haven't been down there since, but I heard from a friend of Don who ran Heritage and they were trying to decide if they could just let several employees go and just run skeleton crews at both Heritage and Ozark Dodge and keep them both open.  The only reason they opened Heritage was because Jeep said the Ozark Dodge location was too close to Springfield Jeep on Glenstone.  Now that they moved that to Youngblood maybe Chrysler is relaxing that rule and they will move the Chrysler/ Jeep dealership to the Dodge lot.

KY3 had differing reports early on.  One report said only Heritage was closing, then the next day they said both were closing.  Rufus Church death/murder/suicide leading up to the announcement lays a dark shadow upon the dealerships.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 8/09 - 01:38PM »
His original post was edited keith that's what Adam is referring to. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato