Author Topic: Mike gives Jeepers a good name  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Mike gives Jeepers a good name
« on: 09/ 6/09 - 12:59AM »
Well heres my little story about today's activities. Let me say now all I know if the guy that helped me is named Mike, he drive a Chevy 5500 series with an XJ and a YJ (I am pretty sure) in tow. I asked him and he said he isn't a member of the clubs but frequents SMORR and does alot of work there. This is kinda a long story but it is Jeepers like Mike that give jeepers a good name and make me willing to help anyone out there that I can help. Mike if you see this THANKS AGAIN!!!!

OK So on with the Story. It's about 2pm and I am at home watching TV when my wife comes in, Phone for me. On the line is Larry (Ghost). He say hey whats up? Right away I say whats broke knowing he's at SMORR. Well he says nothing for me but Albert (a newbie to the jeeping world) has a broke T-Case and needs a tow. OK I tell them see in a couple hours and I run and grab the trialer (in the rain)

Well I drive to SMORR and my On board computer says I got 40 miles to empty when I get there so I figure get loaded and get to Marshfield to fill up. Well I get his TJ loaded and head home. Well I turn off 60 and onto A. I get 8 miles from MArshfield on A and truck shuts down. Dammit outa fuel. Well I jump out and get ready to walk to town to pick up 5 gallons of diesel to get moving again and just then here comes Mikes truck with jeeps in tow. He stops and asks if we need a hand, I figure heck yea a ride to town to get fuel. I tell him I'm out of diesel he says GREAT. I think yea great, but he says I got a tank and can help you out. Well he backed next to my dodge and started pumping. When he did I opened my purge valve hit the key a few times, closed the valve and it fired. He put his hose away. I didn't have cash so I offered to follow him to town and I'd pay him and he sadi no. Well the guy whos jeep I went to get offered him some cash (well his wife offered) and he said no again and we shook hands and he jumped in his truck and drove off.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: Mike gives Jeepers a good name
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 7/09 - 06:27PM »
I always smile when I hear stories like that.  It was the reason that I am glad I am

1.  In the club.
2.  Into offroading.  Not saying the any other sport doesn't do this, but wheelin seems to bring out the good in people.
3.  Realize that all the good stuff that I try to do will EVENTUALLY come back to me.

Good one on Mike who helped you out.  I am sure that Jimmy could find out who he is pretty easy.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 8/09 - 01:19AM »
yea I am on SMORRs page too and Gate Lady know who he is and is send an additional thanks to him

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 8/09 - 01:49AM »
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Mike Smith. Yeah, he's a heck of a guy.  8)
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.