Author Topic: Project Ruby Lee 2  (Read 38077 times)

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
Re: Project Ruby Lee 2
« Reply #135 on: 02/ 4/10 - 03:27PM »
SWEET!  8)

Why dont you come make me some while your at it?  :P

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #136 on: 02/ 4/10 - 03:52PM »
Thanks Caleb and YEAH RIGHT! I still have to build the passenger side.  I'm ready to move on to building dash and console.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #137 on: 02/ 4/10 - 03:53PM »
HAHA.  Yeah i bet, you need to get this thing done!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #138 on: 02/ 4/10 - 03:58PM »
If I only had no life and 8+ hours a day to work on it; It would be done in no time flat. But with 30 minutes here and a couple hours there... it takes time that's for sure. I'd really like to get the corners done and have it painted by the BiG Meat run in March, but I don't know it's coming up quick, and this weekend I can't work on it and next weekend I have to go to Poplar Bluff to pick up a motor for it.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #139 on: 02/ 4/10 - 04:00PM »
Yeah its hard to work on a project, when working full-time!

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #140 on: 02/ 4/10 - 04:05PM »
I have to go to Poplar Bluff to pick up a motor for it.

What kind of motor?

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
« Reply #141 on: 04/28/10 - 11:01AM »
Any updates on the CJ recently? Profile pic?
EMAW

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #142 on: 04/28/10 - 11:31AM »
I've finished the other corner, counter sunk all the hardware on both corners, fixed the gap where the tailgate is (was crooked on the right side of the dovetail), sanded it all down to bare metal. I also added sidesteps to my rockers and will counter sunk the outer hardware on them.  It'll be ready for paint by next weekend.  I've been sidetracked on a minibaja bike that I got... painting it right now with the same scheme the Jeep will be. No pics, but will try to get some up soon.
« Last Edit: 05/ 5/10 - 01:27AM by LoneWolf »

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #143 on: 05/ 4/10 - 04:12PM »
Here's some pics of the my rockers that I came back to and added steps. I used 3/16" and 1.5 DOM... I still have to countersink the new hardware I have. Also I angle the side bar up, because I think it looks a lot better that way. IMHO.

Got sidetracked...

I've been sidetracked with a little Baja Bike I picked up. It had some issues running that turned out the be a faulty kill switch. With the Jeep being so close to paint; I wanted to try my hand out at painting and laying out flames on something else before I tackled to the Jeep. I have an extra CJ hood that was going to be to candidate but decided it would be cool if my Baja Bike was to match the Jeep since I'll be bringing it with everywhere I haul the Jeep. I wish I had taken before pics of it because it was pretty ugly. It was red with horribly faded black fenders and a lot of chipped paint. Anyway.. here it is now. It's a beast.. will do about 25 mph.  :)

Sprayed the base coat on the tank, fenders and pull rope assembly and let it dry overnight. (dk Shadow grey metallic)

Taped off and sprayed the flames (black)

I let it dry another night, then cleared everything with 2 coats, 15 minute tack time in between.
I let that dry another night, then used 400grit to sand off any nubs and imperfections and finally buffed it all out with a wool buff pad and machine polish. I think I'll hit the tank with another coat of clear and buff it again, but it looks good... just has a couple small ridges from the flames and I want it smooth.

I have a seat for it, but part of the seat is RED and does not look good on there; so I'll either paint it with some vinyl paint or recover it. Anyway this is my cruise around the campground bike...

Louie and Heath,
can I ride with you guys now... I can paint Harley on the side.  ???

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #144 on: 05/ 4/10 - 05:51PM »
Man, you sure do nice fab work.  And your paintin' doesn't suck either!  Nice, real nice.
Mo Printer

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #145 on: 05/ 5/10 - 01:28AM »
Man, you sure do nice fab work.  And your paintin' doesn't suck either!  Nice, real nice.

ha! Thanks Steve!

Offline heath_ster

• Level 3
« Reply #146 on: 05/10/10 - 08:58PM »
you know you can ride just ballzout style!!!!! :18:
ahara w/6" lift 1" body,and alot of accesories<br /><br />2008 Sponsors:<br />S&S Auto, Staun, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #147 on: 05/11/10 - 11:33AM »
I've been known to do that a time or two.  8)

Offline liftitup

• Level 1
« Reply #148 on: 05/15/10 - 01:42PM »
Jimmy that Stuff is Nice!!! I wish you were doing that when I Lived there!!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #149 on: 05/16/10 - 11:31PM »
Thanks dude. It's amazing what you can get done with a good welder, chopsaw, drill press, angle grinder, sand paper, paint gun, and time.  :P
« Last Edit: 05/28/10 - 05:18PM by LoneWolf »